• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Need Tips on Device optimisation - Google Ads & Bing Ads

optimizepress

silvermoon

Reaction score
So i am promoting an ecom offer from SmartADV network on Bing Ads and Google Ads over the past 4 days. (currency is INR & 1 USD = 75 INR).

here are some stats
Google Ads:
qQGKjrG.png

Bing Ads:
nHugYY5.png

user hopping from lander to offer = 1 conversion.
According to the stats:

Tablet is the best performing on both google and bing. Cost per conversion = LOWEST = around $1 (is that good enough ?)
Computer is decent ... identical performance on both.

Mobile is decent on Bing but very POOR on Google. what could be the reason behind this variance ??

on google I am thinking of increasing bid for tablet by 20% and decreasing mobile bid by 50%
is that a good idea ?

what are the best actions to take on that data ?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
So from what I see you are spending roughly $1-2 USD per landing page click through? If so I like the idea of first starting to optimize based on landing page clicks which I have done on Facebook traffic as well. It helps the platform find users with high intent.

As for the results from both Google and Bing it is hard to compare both similarly. They have completely different users in my opinion. My focus is usually on one traffic source at a time but it seems you know that and just want results faster which is fine.

"Cost per conversion = LOWEST = around $1 (is that good enough ?)"

We cannot answer that without knowing the offer, the landing page the ads etc...

"on google I am thinking of increasing bid for tablet by 20% and decreasing mobile bid by 50%
is that a good idea ?"

Yes seems like it wont hurt anything and will allocate your budget for more clicks from tablet.

"what are the best actions to take on that data ?"

Hard to say - did you make any revenue? Is the offer something that should have converted by now? etc...are there other offers to test....
Basically too many unknown variables to give you a good answer here.

C

clearmachine

What is the payout of the offer?

Bing and Google users are typically different. An example would be that most Bing users are homeowners and generally older than Google users. Here is a graphic that may help.
Blog-graphic.jpg

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the payout of the offer?

Bing and Google users are typically different. An example would be that most Bing users are homeowners and generally older than Google users. Here is a graphic that may help.

Cool graphic - I know for a fact my parents use Bing simply because its the default search engine on the default browser on new computers. They don;t have the skills to switch the default to Google LOL! So it is likely the same for millions of other "non-tech saavy" people. :)

silvermoon

Reaction score
joeybabbs clearmachine

thanks for the input.
its a health related gadget ecom offer from SmartAdv network, payout is $44.

so far i got 1 conversion after spending about $160 equivalent. i was lazy and didnt setup tracking so dont know if it was bing or google.
but now tracking is in place.

i noticed that some keywords are indicating a greater buyer intent (higher landing page hop rates)

which leads me to believe that carefully handpicking those keywords, along with some device bid optimisation can potentially drag down the cost per offer page hit to around $1.

at that point i will be in a position to pump in more money to play a bit more.

right now even with the little data over 4 days, i can very clearly see that certain keywords are performing better than others.
and certain devices are performing better .... probably need some landing page hack over there.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome now that tracking is set up let's hope for more conversions!

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush