• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Bing ads

optimizepress
A

angela7225

Is it a good idea to target keywords that are high competition on bing?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
High competition usually means they are good keywords. It all depends on your budget. It never hurts to put them in your campaign. They just may not get any clicks unless you increase the CPC you are willing to pay on that keyword.

ChrisHB

Reaction score
Quick question on how you target keywords.

I watched a video which said you had to put the phrase in brackets i.e. {my phrase
] or quotes "my phrase".

I now realize watching you that is wrong and in Bing you have Broad, phrase and exact.

Can you explain exactly how you use these and can you use a negative keyword to exclude keywords e.g. -free

Thanks

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question on how you target keywords.

I watched a video which said you had to put the phrase in brackets i.e. {my phrase
] or quotes "my phrase".

I now realize watching you that is wrong and in Bing you have Broad, phrase and exact.

Can you explain exactly how you use these and can you use a negative keyword to exclude keywords e.g. -free

Thanks

I'm not sure what video you're referring to about the brackets but the brackets do work if you are using them to manually add kws.

"Phrase match"
[Exact match]

Usually when I start a campaign I will start on a broad match and eventually I will add phrase and exact match using the platform itself to do it for me just by selecting all and then changing them.

The reason I usually start broad is because I want to try and discover new keywords that I may not have thought of but at the same time it's going to be more expensive because it won't be as targeted often times.

Eventually once I have a campaign working really well usually everything is in the phrase match or exact.

ChrisHB

Reaction score
Thanks that's clear - it wasn't your video it was somebody else's

nioviathinaia

Reaction score
Could you please let us know if we should only use a landing page which is part of the domain with which we have registered our Bing ads account? Or we ae allowed to do direct linking, or use a different domain when we advertise on Bing? I would like to knwo for sure before risking to have my ad account suspended or the ad disapproved... Thank you:)

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please let us know if we should only use a landing page which is part of the domain with which we have registered our Bing ads account? Or we ae allowed to do direct linking, or use a different domain when we advertise on Bing? I would like to knwo for sure before risking to have my ad account suspended or the ad disapproved... Thank you:)

You can advertise as many domains as you like and can direct link. I don't recommend direct linking.

You just can't use multiple domains in the same campaign or ad group.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush