• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Youtube Instream Ads Gone - Anyone having success using new responsive ads

optimizepress

dcretired

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am left scratching my head a little . I have had a successful affiliate campaign on YT ads, instream skippable. September saw 140k in sales, with 2 x ROI. Sales with Target CPA campaign. Since 1st October, you cannot create these ads anymore. Also, you cannot deselect Display networks or search networks. They are all on by default and you cannot remove them. I use Google Ads Editor and I can do it that way....problem is...your ads don't spend.

Anyway, I have even tried their new way of doing it, only to have my budget sucked up by display assets that are complete rubbish.

If you exclude apps, google apps and windows apps, the ad spends first day. Then no spend for 2 days. Just sits there. I also have an exclusion list that I have made over the years of using Google ads and native ads. I have excluded some display partners and apps like this, but still ad spend is just not happening.

Is there anyone having success running YT ads since the change. I am talking new method.

Let me know

Cheers

Rob

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I did not know this change occurred but i should definitely go and look at my current ads and see if this is happening. I do run YT ads and plan to test some ecommerce offers this quarter on YT so perhaps we can continue this discussion as I go forward.

dcretired

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Joey,

Your current live running ads won't change until end of year I believe. Some accounts have already been "upgraded" for want of a better word. However, if you create a new camp, and its all greyed out, you know your account has been included in the change. That means if you make even the smallest change that puts ad back into review, will convert your ad to responsive ad and you will end up running your ad on display networks.

What I am doing now is not allowing my videos to be embedded. Not sure how long I will be allowed to do that but I am in the middle on an experiment and I will detail results later. Here is an image of what I am talking about...you cannot unselect that - so you have to make your videos content not embeddable on websites or apps

1634743881429.png

I will keep you posted here

Cheers

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
This really sucks when they take away our control and try to automate everything....

Ill let you know as well as I progress into the next ad campaigns.

dcretired

Premium Member
Reaction score
Update - Target CPA - 1st 2 days - spend is slow - then spend doubles to 2 x daily budget - Max Conversion - Spend slow over 2 days - If you want to show your ads on YT, then for Target CPA Camp, set your TCPA high, like over 150USD, it then spends on YT, then reduce TCPA until spend stabilises . Max Conv - spend is on YT for 1st 2 days then moves moves over to display. I will keep testing to prove but seeing this now almost consistently.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
@dcretired Sorry to hear about this challenge. But, you were doing $140k/month in revenue on YouTube!? Congrats man! That's awesome to hear!

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter