• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Wild Microsoft Auto Apply - Careful Out There!

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Last 2 days one of my campaigns on Microsoft Ads started tanking and I had no idea why. Baffled.

I figured it had to be something on my server since I didn't change anything in the Ad account and it has been steady for weeks.

Turns out that in my "Change History" on Microsoft I "opted in" to Auto Apply - remove conflicting negative keywords! I would NEVER do this.

And what's worse is they removed the word "free" from my list lol.

free.jpg

Moral of the story F$#K auto apply. The only setting I see maybe worth using is the removal of nonserving keywords if you have thousands of KWs. Make sure you check your settings and read those annoying emails they send you telling you when these changes are coming lol....

EDIT: And to confirm I went deeper into last 2 days search terms and it is full of keywords including "Totally free...." "Free..." "Absolutely Free..."
Those people will RARELY convert.

cory_schop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Last 2 days one of my campaigns on Microsoft Ads started tanking and I had no idea why. Baffled.

I figured it had to be something on my server since I didn't change anything in the Ad account and it has been steady for weeks.

Turns out that in my "Change History" on Microsoft I "opted in" to Auto Apply - remove conflicting negative keywords! I would NEVER do this.

And what's worse is they removed the word "free" from my list lol.

View attachment 14935

Moral of the story F$#K auto apply. The only setting I see maybe worth using is the removal of nonserving keywords if you have thousands of KWs. Make sure you check your settings and read those annoying emails they send you telling you when these changes are coming lol....

EDIT: And to confirm I went deeper into last 2 days search terms and it is full of keywords including "Totally free...." "Free..." "Absolutely Free..."
Those people will RARELY convert.
I posted a strategy here that worked for me on Bing.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush