• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Why You Should NEVER Run Email Submits With MOST Paid Traffic Sources

optimizepress

TLDRMoney

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know many people want to start their CPA journey by promoting something that converts EASY. The first thing that comes to mind are email submit offers and 1st page lead gen offers. There is nothing wrong with promoting these type offers and in fact, I encourage it. The PROBLEM is when you use Google Adwords, Facebook, Bing or Native to promote them.

But I thought you said Facebook, Google, Bing and Native are excellent traffic sources?
- Yes they are all excellent traffic sources! In fact, Facebook has the best quality traffic around.

So if Email submit offers are GOOD and these traffic sources are Excellent, what's the problem?
- Not all traffic sources are suitable for every single offer.

Combining an email submit offer and a premium traffic source is ultimately a recipe for disaster and here's why...

It's a simple math problem

Email submit pays $1.50 - $2.00
Cost per click estimate $0.15 - $0.20+

Your CPA = $2.00
Amount of clicks before you reach your CPA in click costs (cpc):
$2.00/0.20 = 10 clicks OR 10 clicks @ 0.20 = $2.00

That means 1 in 10 'AD CLICKS' have to convert into a sale for you to BREAK EVEN. You would need a 10% conversion rate just to cover ad costs. This also assumes you are direct linking.

I would say it's EXTREMELY unlikely for you to have a 10% conversion rate by direct linking an email submit on Google Ads or Facebook while paying 0.20 a click (cpc). This is the exact reason landing pages are used in the first place. Landing pages are designed to increase your conversion rate.

But It gets even more ugly when you throw a landing page into this particular equation. Let's say a good landing page Click through rate (CTR) is 15%.

Your CPA = $2.00
Landing Page CTR = 15%
Amount of clicks before you reach your CPA in click costs (cpc):
$2.00/0.20 = 10 clicks OR 10 clicks @ 0.20 = $2.00

15% of your 10 ad clicks = 1.5 clicks.

This means out of 10 ad clicks only 1.5 clicks actually reach your offer page. Which means virtually every 'OFFER CLICK' have to convert into a sale for you to BREAK EVEN.

Moral of the story is this:

Clicks are too expensive and you don't get paid a high enough CPA. If you are paying 0.20 for a click, why not make them buy something expensive and shiny? The potential is there! If you had a CPS offer that pays you $50 CPA, you could afford to pay $0.20 a click easily.

So what's the point of email submits?
- Email submits are simply someone else's 'SQUEEZE' page. They are list building and converting CPA offers with Email Follow Ups. They are buying the data from you at $2.00 per email.

If you STILL want to run email submits then I suggest looking into List building and email follow ups. You could make MUCH more money on the back end by promoting CPA with a long term list but that's for another post.

Why do you say 'MOST' Paid Traffic Sources?

If you can solve the math problem above by getting clicks for $0.02 per click then it MIGHT work for you. There are plenty of sources out there that are lower tiered/lower quality traffic providers. You can get 'PENNY CLICKS' as they are called. Keep in mind that traffic could be complete garbage. You get what you pay for.

My advice is to focus on higher paying lead gen offers and CPS offers if you want to buy traffic from Google, Facebook, Bing, Etc.

Post any questions below!

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
So true...this is why I don't actually run these types of low payout offers unless its a follow up email sequence on a bigger campaign or within an organic follow up...(AKA free traffic from pushcrew or something..)

For paid traffic I only aim for $10 CPL or more usually. .

I

izonshockking

Thanks for explaining this, but I do have a query, I see people making a lot of money in BizOpp Niche with fb ads, and I do seen many people crushing it by promoting bizopp/mmo PPL offers which only give $1-$2-$3 per lead still they making easy 100% with ONLY FB ADS, can you add more to this? I really wanted to know about it.

TLDRMoney

Premium Member
Reaction score
izonshockking . The only way they are making profit is if they solved this math problem. One possibility that I can foresee with facebook is pixel data. Facebook auto optimizes if you provide pixel data when conversions occur. Another possibility is that they were given audience data. With the right optimization, they could be converting around 40% or 50%. This would certainly allow them to break into profit. It's not impossible to do but it's just not practical.

If you can optimize a bizop lead gen to have a 40-50% conversion rate - Imagine what you could do with a CPS or higher paying lead gen.

I

izonshockking

izonshockking . The only way they are making profit is if they solved this math problem. One possibility that I can foresee with facebook is pixel data. Facebook auto optimizes if you provide pixel data when conversions occur. Another possibility is that they were given audience data. With the right optimization, they could be converting around 40% or 50%. This would certainly allow them to break into profit. It's not impossible to do but it's just not practical.

If you can optimize a bizop lead gen to have a 40-50% conversion rate - Imagine what you could do with a CPS or higher paying lead gen.

Yeah that is the scene too, thanks for explaining :).

regina02

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Thanks for this explanation, I was actually thinking of promoting an email submit on Bing before I read this. Well, I guess I would have to use that offer to begin building an email list, isn't that what you mean? Just so I am clear on the issue. You see I am new here, and to CPA marketing.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush