• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Why Are My Links Not Tracking?

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Please read this so you understand how the tracking links work on Powerhouse Affiliate.

As a free member you get access to your referral link right inside your Powerhouse Affiliate account. It is on a "last click wins" type of set up so you will get the referral if your link is the last link the referral clicked before signup. Using this link you get paid 50% of all referrals every month they remain a member.

Powerhouse Affiliate "Premium Members" also get access to our CPA Network which contains more offers available including getting paid for referring "free" members, as well as a trial offer.

Sometimes it appears that your tracking links in the CPA network are not working and some of the common solutions to this problem are below.

One of the main things people miss is that there is usually a 5-10 minute delay on conversions appearing inside your CPA account.

There is also a big difference between your own referral link inside your Powerhouse Affiliate account (last click wins), and the links you get inside our Private CPA Affiliate Network.

First of all, we have an offer inside the CPA network that pays you to get free members to join. This is only available in the CPA network for Premium members only. If you de-activate your premium membership you will lose access to the Powerhouse Affiliate CPA offers. We also have a 100% commissions sale offer for Powerhouse Affiliate inside the CPA network and a trial offer.

Sometime people will refer paid members using the link in the CPA network and wonder why it didn't track.

There are many reasons a conversion might not reflect in your CPA account if you continue to run the sale offer in the CPA network in conjunction with the Free sign up offer.

Those links in the CPA network also use a "last click" cookie to convert however we only payout once per referral to powerhouse affiliate. Meaning if that user signed up using a "free sign up link" and you or someone else got paid on that free sign up, then 2nd conversion for the premium membership will be tracked to the original sign up and not convert twice. Let's say someone you referred for free resulted in you getting paid a commission on the sign up, he/she later goes on to buy the Premium Membership using the CPA network link, after already joining free you will not receive a second conversion since the first conversion was paid on that free user.

THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO GET BOTH CONVERSIONS!

The first way to resolve this is that you can run the free Powerhouse Affiliate offer in the CPA network, then use your link from your own Powerhouse Affiliate account to promote the sale offer for recurring commission since it uses its own tracking system. As you can also see we have the recurring sale offer in the Powerhouse Affiliate system set to "Last Click Wins" http://prntscr.com/khppbh

This means as soon as someone clicks your referral link your cookie is stored even if someone else already promoted it to that same person.

The second solution is to ask for your own referral sign up coupon code which would be stored into our platform so we could prove you got that person to sign up.

Unfortunately we can no longer credit commissions unless the conversions are tracked in the network, or there is a valid coupon code attached to that referral.

Please note we use state of the art tracking software and our tracking on Powerhouse Affiliate has proven to be 99% accurate without using these extra methods. We are confident in our tracking solution and always want to work to ensure affiliates are getting paid.

Here are 6 more of the most common reasons why a tracking link in ANY CPA NETWORK may not work.

#1 You are promoting the offer in the wrong country.

Many times CPA offers only allow certain countries and if you try to promote this offer in a different country your tracking link will not work and you will not get paid the commission.

#2. Sometimes even though you give someone your link they don't click it

You may have referred someone and you gave them your link but instead they went to the direct site instead and then you were not credited for the referral. well this is not very common it does happen so you need to make sure you tell your people to click on your own tracking link.

#3. Some offers use cookie-based tracking and some people & browsers don't allow cookies.

Many offers on CPA networks use cookie based tracking. Some people have settings in their browsers to not allow cookies or the browser has automatic default settings that does not allow cookies to be tracked. This will then result and no commission being paid for your links.

#4. Some messenger services and traffic strip redirects.

if you are giving your links to people through Facebook Messenger or other similar chat apps sometimes the cookie is stripped or the redirect does not work properly and people go directly to the offer page without getting the cookie into their browser to track any conversions.

Our goal is to make sure all affiliates are getting EVERY single lead or commission they deserve.

How can you solve a tracking issue

#1. One of the first things you should do is set up your tracking the way you would normally set it up for your campaign and then ask your affiliate manager or contact our support with your test link and have the offer link tested to make sure it is firing conversions properly.

If you are promoting our own Powerhouse Affiliate offer through our CPA network and you feel you have tracking issues specifically with those CPA offers then you can always use the tracking links inside your own Powerhouse Affiliate account, and work on the Revenue share model. (50% lifetime commissions on Tier 1) This will also allow you to earn monthly commissions, and multi level commissions. See our program details for more information > https://powerhouseaffiliate.com/partner-program/

We are very keen on making sure our affiliates are happy and we want to build long lasting relationships! So, with that in mind we can design custom campaigns and work directly with you to ensure everything is working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

regina02

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hi, how can I get my affiliate links at the vault media network? I am interested in promoting some offers which are listed as Public (which I understand do not require approval to promote) but don't see anywhere where I can get my affiliate links. I need some guidance, please.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, how can I get my affiliate links at the vault media network? I am interested in promoting some offers which are listed as Public (which I understand do not require approval to promote) but don't see anywhere where I can get my affiliate links. I need some guidance, please.

You should be able to click on the offer itself then grab the affiliate link inside the offer details.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have only got access to my Affiliate link in Powerhouse Affiliate Dashboard; however I haven't received access to the Vault Media CPA network @joeybabbs
Where did you see reference to the Vault Media Network? It is not open to the public anymore and only used for internal media buying and tracking.
Tldr saw some posts where Joey explains that running a CPA network is actually a bloody nightmare :D
Yes the biggest time suck is the tire kickers who demand offers so our team would find those direct offers for people, only to find they never really ran any traffic. This ate up a lot of resources. Another problem is the number of fraudulent affiliates who apply and have ways to trick you into thinking they are legit. Lastly, it's a huge risk to pay out hundreds of thousands to affiliates while you wait for advertisers to pay. Affiliates demand faster payments than most direct advertisers will pay so networks are essentially a bank.

EDIT - and one more thing - affiliates eventually just go direct anyway unless the network is actively seeking exclusivity.

All that being said our small team decided to focus on what we do best. Media buying.

Reaction score
Good to know. I scoured the Power House Affiliate member area to no avail, because the videos refer to Vault Media for offers.
I totally get how much work it takes to put video tutorials together. However, is there any way or a chance that you could add a new caption to the videos that include Vault Media in the tutorials? Maybe just say that it's no longer available and to sign up to other networks?
Thanks for your considerations, Joey.

Janice

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush