• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

TUTORIAL: How to Setup and Optimize Native Ad Campaigns on Revcontent - PT #1

optimizepress

TLDRMoney

Premium Member
Reaction score
How to Setup and Optimize Native Ad Campaigns on Revcontent

In this tutorial we will outline the process for setting up and optimizing a Native Ad Campaign using Revcontent as a traffic source. We will break this process down into three sections, each having their own forum post.

1) Finding and choosing a campaign
2) Creating a campaign and configuring your tracking platform
3) Optimizing your campaign

Section 1 - Finding And Choosing a Campaign

Native ads have become very popular recently. You can locate campaigns fairly easily but simply surfing the web. You can pay for some premium advanced spy tools but for this tutorial, I'll show you how to do it for free. This method does not give us any advanced data on Ad lifespan, positioning etc. If you have a few dollars to spend on testing, you can use this method as a starting point and get your feet wet with Native Ads. Let's start by going to google.

STEP 1

Type 'Viral News Stories' into Google and click search. Click on 'ViralNova.com' or a similar 'Viral' niche site.

SS1.PNG

STEP 2
The home page of these pages normally do not contain any 'Native Ads'. Click one of the articles on the homepage to find some ads.

SS2.PNG

STEP 3
Scroll down to the bottom of the article and you will notice a block of 'Recommended Articles'. These are called 'Native Ad Widgets' and are codes placed on these sites similar to the code you place when advertising with AdSense. You will notice the Native Ad network by locating the 'Sponsored' heading. In this example, we can see that this widget belongs to 'Taboola'. None of the ads below advertise CPA campaigns but are only trying to generate traffic to their own pages. We can click through these other pages to locate Revcontent widgets where CPA campaigns are more common. Open each of these articles in a 'New Tab' so we can comb them for Revcontent widgets.

SS3.PNG
PROTIP: You can find other traffic sources with this method. Record each traffic source located in the 'Sponsored' heading into notepad for later use. As you can see below, I've located a widget for 'Outbrain'

SS4.PNG

STEP 4
Scroll down through the articles in your new tabs and repeat the process until you see a widget owned by Revcontent. As you can see below, I've located my first Revcontent widget. Unfortunately, you will sometimes find widgets but they are full of ads for Revcontent advertising themselves. This widget is useless for our purpose but at least we know this site uses Revcontent widgets. Browse to other Articles on this site to get a refresh rotation of ads. SS5.PNG

STEP 5
I have located a Revcontent widget with some CPA campaigns. You may also find CPA campaigns on widgets from other networks but Revcontent seems to be more saturated with these campaigns. You can always take campaigns from one Native network and test them on other networks as you scale. Remember that some networks are more 'lenient' than others with approval of submitted content. Just because something gets approved and goes live on one Native ad network doesn't mean it will automatically get approved on another. As you creep through these pages, you will learn how to identify CPA Campaigns advertised on these widgets. Below is a Revcontent widget with some CPA campaigns. Right click on each and open them in a new tab. SS6.PNG

STEP 6
This is the destination for the ad in the step above, "People Found A Way to Get Crazy Rich In Canada". As you can see campaign does not even use a landing page but instead directly links to a CPA offer in the 'Bizop' niche. This doesn't automatically mean that 'Bizop' campaigns of this sort are profitable. Ultimately we cannot tell if something is profitable without testing but there are other pointers that indicate a specific niche might have some opportunity. Finding multiple ads in a specific niche, advertising multiple offers is the indicator we want. Keep digging. SS7.PNG

Below is the destination for the ad, 'Doctor - "Don't Do Botox, Remove Your Eye Bags In 2 Minutes"'. As you can see, this campaign is using a landing page to promote skin care products. This is usually a 2 step system involving a 'one-click upsell' SS8.PNG

Below is the destination for the ad, 'What Happens When You Take A Testosterone Supplement'. As you can see, they are also using a landing page to promote Muscle/Testo/Male Enhancement type CPA offers. These are also promoted using a 2 step system in most cases via 'one-click upsell'
SS9.PNG

STEP 7
Keep combing through viral niche pages, looking for more Revcontent widgets promoting CPA campaigns. This should be something you spend hours doing before starting your own campaign. Another great tip to locating more Revcontent widgets is to click through websites that are promoted on other Revcontent widgets. I find that once you click through a page advertised on Revcontent widgets, you are more likely to find additional widgets on those following pages. SS10.PNG

PROTIP: Clicking away from a page that has Revcontent widgets can sometimes trigger an iframe overlay widget that almost ALWAYS features CPA campaigns. These can be rare at times because they are only displayed on sites that implement this feature. SS11.PNG

STEP 8
While you are surfing through these pages, you should be collecting Ad images and Ad texts for the CPA Campaigns that you find. You may also want to rip any lucrative pages that you find along the way. Also remember that these are all based on geographic location, if you're in United States, you will see ads served to the US. Some niches have more potential in other countries. It might be a good idea to check other GEOs but enabling a VPN or Proxy service and then reloading the page. SS12.PNG

After following the steps above, you should have an idea of what people are promoting on a regular basis. It's time to take our data and start testing campaigns.

Stay tuned for the next section, "Creating a campaign and configuring your tracking platform"

Attachments

• SS4.PNG
    SS4.PNG
    212.9 KB · Views: 93
  • SS5.PNG
    SS5.PNG
    453.7 KB · Views: 94
  • SS6.PNG
    SS6.PNG
    625.1 KB · Views: 107
  • SS7.PNG
    SS7.PNG
    313.1 KB · Views: 88
  • SS8.PNG
    SS8.PNG
    468.4 KB · Views: 92
  • SS9.PNG
    SS9.PNG
    339.2 KB · Views: 102
  • SS10.PNG
    SS10.PNG
    453.7 KB · Views: 111
  • SS11.PNG
    SS11.PNG
    74 KB · Views: 99
  • SS12.PNG
    SS12.PNG
    259.8 KB · Views: 99
J

junkdna

Can you possibly elaborate on few 'gotchas' regarding opening the account with Native Ads networks as an advertiser?

Like what monthly spend they require, what traffic goals they want. Basically what do they want to hear? What are minimum deposits etc.?

TLDRMoney

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you possibly elaborate on few 'gotchas' regarding opening the account with Native Ads networks as an advertiser?

Like what monthly spend they require, what traffic goals they want. Basically what do they want to hear? What are minimum deposits etc.?

Revcontent is very simple to setup an account.. Simply sign up and way you go. I'll be getting into the budget, min deposit etc in a post that will be ready very shortly. Stay tuned.. It's actually not as complicated as some other networks.

J

junkdna

No Title

I was in two minds myself, should I go for Native as a pub. or as aff. So I've just finished lots of research. The short of it is, pubs get fleeced off like nobody. They are only getting $0.05-0.50 CPC. Some pubs with 1M visitors earn just $20 per month. Lots of pubs complain that their income suddenly dwindles to zero, obviously because advertisers dump them.

Anyway, I found this affiliate on WF, pushing MMO games. Can you imagine, games are paying like $1.0-2.0 and he is getting $0.07 CPC. He turned over $350,000+ in 2014.

There are these few interesting threads:

https://www.warriorforum.com/pay-pe.../1082382-ppc-native-ads-promotion-method.html

https://www.warriorforum.com/main-i...ive-ads-network-accepts-small-publishers.html

Attachments

• photo858.jpg
    photo858.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 106

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear ya,....pubs do get the shitty end of the stick it seems.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush