• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Testing Creatives On MGID

optimizepress

getmixy

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I'm just about to start my first campaign on MGID and wanted to know more about the creative testing process. How do you @joeybabbs test images and creatives. Say I have 10 images, should I just focus on testing the images first, so only test 1 headline with each image. Or how do you split this up?

Also, in regards to split testing landing pages, what is the most important thing to test first on a landing page and how many would you rotate at one time?

For instance say I have 3 landers, should I keep all the landers the same but just test the headline on each lander?

Or should I have all the content the same on each lander but just change the template of each lander?

Or test the image on the lander and change it on each of the 3?

I guess the question I'm asking is what are the 80/20 elements that are most important for seeing the biggest changes?

Thanks

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I generally test about 5 - 10 ads at first with different headlines and images. Some have the same images different headlines and vice versa. One will immediately stand out as the one with the most engagement. That is when I usually use it as a control and test 1 or 2 against it and let them run for enough data.

As for my landing page testing I start with completely different landers with different content on each. So 2 or 3 max. One would be a news style advertorial maybe, and the other a review style about a specific product and why it solves their problem. Might even try a success story. All of my most successful campaigns have been "news style" advertorials but my most recent ecommerce campaign is doing really well with a VSL almost like an infomercial on the landing page.

I have seen others get massive success with a lander that directs people to another VSL (like a clickbank offer).

If I am testing review vs news advertorial and the advertorial wins then I start to split test against it with maybe different headlines, different images and more or less content. At that point I am looking to increase LP CTR while maintaining my conversion rates or improving them.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush