• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Starting CPA

optimizepress

zeratul

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Newbie here, planning to start CPA soon. My plan is to build a general business website to make it easy to get accepted into CPA networks, and use Paid traffic (pop or push, haven't really decided) to promote CPA offers, mainly sweepstakes and bizopps. Might do diet and health later on, on account of recently losing about 120 pounds myself so I'm a bit familiar with the target audience ;)

Couple of questions though:
1- Should the website have a specific template or niche? I can create a basic website about internet marketing and give it a decent look and an "about us" section if that's what the networks are looking for.
2- I'm not yet decided on a vertical, so if i decide to test a different vertical, will I have to build a website for each one? or will it suffice to build a general website and then host landing pages on dedicated services like optimizepress and clickfunnels?

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
1- Should the website have a specific template or niche? I can create a basic website about internet marketing and give it a decent look and an "about us" section if that's what the networks are looking for.
2- I'm not yet decided on a vertical, so if i decide to test a different vertical, will I have to build a website for each one? or will it suffice to build a general website and then host landing pages on dedicated services like optimizepress and clickfunnels?
Congrats on the weight loss.

1. I have ran a network for almost a decade and I can tell you all I look for is a viable website on any topic that doesn't look sketch. (tons of banners and ads, and poor english) So it doesn't need to be a business website about you and your business but it certainly can be. With that being said the email you signup to the network with should match the website's domain. This will improve your credibility.

2. You can use a general style domain and market multiple products from that domain. If you find a product or niche that sticks then you might want to move into a dedicated website for it. For example, if you want to test many different ecomm products, you could setup Optimizepress on 1 domain like GadgetPro.com and test multiple campaigns and offers. Then let's say you find out that a camping related offer is crushing it - you could then make a new site dedicated to camping gadgets.

zeratul

Reaction score
Congrats on the weight loss.

1. I have ran a network for almost a decade and I can tell you all I look for is a viable website on any topic that doesn't look sketch. (tons of banners and ads, and poor english) So it doesn't need to be a business website about you and your business but it certainly can be. With that being said the email you signup to the network with should match the website's domain. This will improve your credibility.

2. You can use a general style domain and market multiple products from that domain. If you find a product or niche that sticks then you might want to move into a dedicated website for it. For example, if you want to test many different ecomm products, you could setup Optimizepress on 1 domain like GadgetPro.com and test multiple campaigns and offers. Then let's say you find out that a camping related offer is crushing it - you could then make a new site dedicated to camping gadgets.
Thanks Joey, appreciate it.

So basically a general internet marketing website and domain with matching email, and then hosting landing pages on it is ok for getting started? I really hate niche research and don't have sufficient knowledge about it, and I'm already decided on paid traffic anyways.

Another question, does being from Egypt have a negative effect on acceptance?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes your plan is good for getting started. Also, I know from my experience some of the biggest affiliates we worked with are from Egypt. So if anyone has a problem with it you don't want to be there anyway. They don't deserve you. :)

zeratul

Reaction score
Yes your plan is good for getting started. Also, I know from my experience some of the biggest affiliates we worked with are from Egypt. So if anyone has a problem with it you don't want to be there anyway. They don't deserve you. :)
Awesome! Now I'm really psyched and can't wait to start. Thank you for your quick response and for the major boost in confidence (y)(y)

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about being from Egypt slowing you down. Like Joe said there are definitely some great Affiliates from Egypt.

For compliance with Affiliate networks, the more professional the landing page or website is a plus for sure! The thing I would be concerned with is compliance with the traffic source. Having proper Contact, About Us and Privacy pages is important. For Pop or Push you may be able to get away without proper legal pages, but for the amount of work it takes to add them, it just makes sense. You may even get a slightly better CR.

zeratul

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about being from Egypt slowing you down. Like Joe said there are definitely some great Affiliates from Egypt.

For compliance with Affiliate networks, the more professional the landing page or website is a plus for sure! The thing I would be concerned with is compliance with the traffic source. Having proper Contact, About Us and Privacy pages is important. For Pop or Push you may be able to get away without proper legal pages, but for the amount of work it takes to add them, it just makes sense. You may even get a slightly better CR.
I definitely plan to add them to my website. But since I'm building it for acceptance purposes only, I was thinking maybe a simple contact us page, about us and a privacy policy plugin for wordpress or from any online generator, would that work? To be honest I haven't thought much about the traffic source requirements.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. I use online generators most of the time. Shopify has a free one.

Depending on the offer the affiliate network may care but in general they won't from my experience. But trying to get accepted the more pro you look the better chance you have at starting a good relationship.

zeratul

Reaction score
Yes. I use online generators most of the time. Shopify has a free one.

Depending on the offer the affiliate network may care but in general they won't from my experience. But trying to get accepted the more pro you look the better chance you have at starting a good relationship.
Ok I'll give that a look once I'm done with the main content of the site.
Thanks you, appreciate the info.

Reactions: zoe

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter