• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Split testing Landers on Google

optimizepress

shijiantf

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Is it ok to split test landing pages under one single URL when we use google ads?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I would recommend using experiments in Google and not swapping pages on the same URL.

steve_goldberg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to split test landing pages under one single URL when we use google ads?
I requested a feature for CPV Lab to create a way to test landing pages on 1 URL with no redirect like Binom.org does. (love their implementation but their tracker lacks certain features I need) This would be super useful.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I requested a feature for CPV Lab to create a way to test landing pages on 1 URL with no redirect like Binom.org does. (love their implementation but their tracker lacks certain features I need) This would be super useful.
This would be really cool! My account on google now is warmed enough that i have been using their MVLab redirects to split test. I am still a bit nervous doing so however cause I am sure Google can detect the different end pages. Thoughts @cpv lab ?

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply to this, I don't think that we received the mention notification.

Based on our users' experience with Google Ads and split-testing pages, this is what works:
  1. test multiple landing page variations with multivariate testing and MV Lab - in this scenario you have a single landing page (URL), but it loads multiple variations based on predefined conditions (different headlines, texts, images).
  2. split-test multiple pages using an URL rotator page placed on the same domain as the landing pages. MV Lab also comes with this feature and you can easily generate the code for the URL rotator page for your campaign. What is important here is that you place the rotator page on the exact same domain as the landing pages (not on a subdomain).

Both options worked with good results for our users. The first approach doesn't involve any redirects and the variations are displayed in the same landing page, while the second approach had a redirect, but inside the same domain, which is accepted by Google Ads.

It is recommended to start the campaign on Google Ads with a single page variation or landing page URL and after some time more variations and landing pages can be added.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush