• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Questions about search ads

optimizepress

shijiantf

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hi Joey! Thank you for your high quality videos. I got a lot of inspiration from it.
I have some questions about google search ads & bing ads that I can't find answers to in the training videos.
Could you give me some suggestions?

1. What is the best way to organize google/bing ad accounts and campaigns?
If I'm promoting multiple offers in different niches, should I run these campaigns with the same account or with separate accounts?

According to the Google help article, one email address can be associated with up to 20 Google Ads accounts.
And microsoft help article says we can create 6 ad accounts under one manager account.
Does this mean I can create 20 google ad accounts and 6 microsoft ad accounts?

2. Should I delete the failed campaigns?
For now I just paused them.
However, some of the domains used for these campaigns have expired, so the landing pages for these campaigns cannot be opened.
Will this hurt my account?
Will Google/Microsoft review the paused campaigns?

3. How to test responsive search ads efficiently?
When I do AB testing I test one variable at a time.
But responsive search ads encourage us to write more headlines, as many as 15. This will generate a lot of different combinations.
And I can't find the number of conversions in the Responsive Search Ads assets/combinations report.
So how do I know which headline, description, or combination is better?

4. Would you pin the headlines?
I use this feature to make sure that headlines containing keywords will always show up.
However, I found that as long as I pinned the headline, my "ad strength" would become "poor".

5. Does ad strength of responsive search ads affect campaign quality score, impression share and CPC?

6. How much should we spend before we pause a keyword?

I usually spend twice the CPA if I'm testing new keywords for a profitable campaign.
But I think twice the CPA per keyword is too much when testing a new campaign.
So when should I pause a keyword when I test new campaign?

Last edited:

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm promoting multiple offers in different niches, should I run these campaigns with the same account or with separate accounts?

You can run everything in one account. I sometimes will separate into multiple accounts but more for just managing my payment methods and diversity.

According to the Google help article, one email address can be associated with up to 20 Google Ads accounts.
Yes, I have a manager account with 3 subaccounts...1 email address.

And Microsoft help article says we can create 6 ad accounts under one manager account.
Does this mean I can create 20 google ad accounts and 6 Microsoft ad accounts?

YES

However, some of the domains used for these campaigns have expired, so the landing pages for these campaigns cannot be opened.

I always delete unused campaigns...I have actually lost accounts because one of my old unused campaigns broke rules once they changed ad policy...

But responsive search ads encourage us to write more headlines, as many as 15. This will generate a lot of different combinations.
And I can't find the number of conversions in the Responsive Search Ads assets/combinations report.

Yea thats a bit tricky and you have to rely on your objective and what google thinks...

One of our other members also recommended pinning your best performers based on the google suggestions.

I use this feature to make sure that headlines containing keywords will always show up.
However, I found that as long as I pinned the headline, my "ad strength" would become "poor".

I have actually been separating my best KWs into an adgroup and making my ads, and landing page congruent to improve quality scores. However, if the headline doesn't contain those KWs then yes it could potentially be rated as poor. But I am sure other factors are considered as well like CTR and CR.

5. Does ad strength of responsive search ads affect campaign quality score, impression share and CPC?

I usually spend twice the CPA if I'm testing new keywords for a profitable campaign.

Yes, i think it is too much also. I typically don't have a formula and it really comes down to your own risk tolerance. There are also many other things to consider not just the KW. Maybe that KW didn't work well with the ad, and the landing page and offer. It's really a judgment call. Sometimes a KW that didn't work, WILL work if the angle is changed.

shijiantf

Expired Membership
Reaction score

You can run everything in one account. I sometimes will separate into multiple accounts but more for just managing my payment methods and diversity.

Yes, I have a manager account with 3 subaccounts...1 email address.

And Microsoft help article says we can create 6 ad accounts under one manager account.
Does this mean I can create 20 google ad accounts and 6 Microsoft ad accounts?

YES

I always delete unused campaigns...I have actually lost accounts because one of my old unused campaigns broke rules once they changed ad policy...

Yea thats a bit tricky and you have to rely on your objective and what google thinks...

One of our other members also recommended pinning your best performers based on the google suggestions.

I have actually been separating my best KWs into an adgroup and making my ads, and landing page congruent to improve quality scores. However, if the headline doesn't contain those KWs then yes it could potentially be rated as poor. But I am sure other factors are considered as well like CTR and CR.

Yes, i think it is too much also. I typically don't have a formula and it really comes down to your own risk tolerance. There are also many other things to consider not just the KW. Maybe that KW didn't work well with the ad, and the landing page and offer. It's really a judgment call. Sometimes a KW that didn't work, WILL work if the angle is changed.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's very helpful.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush