• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Optimising A Campaign For A Specific Offer

optimizepress

epocks

Premium Member
Reaction score
So recently I had a campaign doing quite well and the offer went down and isn't coming back, dam. The campaign I had running was on Microsoft and was created around the niche so I could easily plug in another offer using my tracker. After a week or so of testing multiple offers nothing converts very well. The original offer, offer 1 was getting me around $1 EPC and now the best I can get is around $0.40 for lets say offer 2.

After looking further into my campaign, I have realised that the keywords that were doing very well aren't anymore and the keywords that were half decent are good now which made we think is this campaign optimised for offer 1 and thats why offer 2 isn't getting better results.

I reached out to my AM to see what other affiliates are seeing and he said his top affiliates are seeing $0.75 EPC for the same type of traffic. Does this mean my hunch could be right that I have just optimised a campaign specifically for offer 1 and plugging in offer 2 just isn't going to perform.

Am I doing things wrong here by trying to plug in another offer and is it best to start a campaign from scratch and optimised based off the new offer? When I think about it writing this, different keywords should convert different based on the offer yes?

I now know people are getting an EPC of $0.75 so I have a goal to at least shoot for when starting from scratch.

Thanks

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
my AM to see what other affiliates are seeing and he said his top affiliates are seeing $0.75 EPC for the same type of traffic.
I feel like your AM is just making this up. As someone who has operated a CPA network that granular data on an affiliate level is not something that he can accurately provide data on so it is likely just to keep you motivated. To say "other affiliates with the same traffic" is just saying the network EPC on that offer is probably 0.75 cents. There is no waty he can say it's the same type of traffic unless he goes into each individual account and spies on what they are doing and even then it would be fruitless...most affiliates won't tell him what's up and hide referrer.

I have just optimised a campaign specifically for offer 1 and plugging in offer 2 just isn't going to perform.
Not necessarily but the messaging on offer 2 might be different. Many offers that perform well usually have competition that mimic those offers with similar offer pages. However there are many other factors to consider like the conversion flow in the back end - maybe it's different, or maybe there is an extra step people need to take, or maybe the payment processors have additional options like Paypal. If offer A was a fairly new offer that was trying to copy other more long-term offers then maybe they were testing something new that converted well for affiliates but did not work for their own profit margins?

At this point, I would start a separate campaign and save the old one in case the offer comes back then you can turn it back on.

epocks

Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like your AM is just making this up. As someone who has operated a CPA network that granular data on an affiliate level is not something that he can accurately provide data on so it is likely just to keep you motivated. To say "other affiliates with the same traffic" is just saying the network EPC on that offer is probably 0.75 cents. There is no waty he can say it's the same type of traffic unless he goes into each individual account and spies on what they are doing and even then it would be fruitless...most affiliates won't tell him what's up and hide referrer.

Not necessarily but the messaging on offer 2 might be different. Many offers that perform well usually have competition that mimic those offers with similar offer pages. However there are many other factors to consider like the conversion flow in the back end - maybe it's different, or maybe there is an extra step people need to take, or maybe the payment processors have additional options like Paypal. If offer A was a fairly new offer that was trying to copy other more long-term offers then maybe they were testing something new that converted well for affiliates but did not work for their own profit margins?

At this point, I would start a separate campaign and save the old one in case the offer comes back then you can turn it back on.
I did think that when my AM came out with the $0.75 haha, is he telling me the truth here or just getting me to keep running that offer. I will keep that in mind moving forward and not just expect for $0.75, run my own tests and see what I get. If the offer 2 doesn't perform, I will just move onto another offer.

The offer that was converting had been around for a while as I am aware of but I did speak to the offer rep and said they took it down becasue they weren't making profit on the back end.

I have done exactly that! I am keeping my fully optimised campaign and funnel on ice incase it comes back but in the mean time, I am going to test new offers and branch out into similar but different verticals.

Thanks for the insight Joey

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush