• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

No More Health Ads without Certification, says Facebook

optimizepress
Z

zoe

Facebook has announced a very important update related to health related ads. Now you will need to provide a certificate to Facebook before you run an ad for a health related product. A few months back, this year, Google has also introduced the same policy and made it compulsory for health related products to provide a certificate in order to run ads.

Starting August 25, prior to promoting prescription drugs in ads on Facebook, they will require telehealth providers and online pharmacies to present written certification from Legitscript — a leading third party certification provider. Pharmaceutical manufacturers will also be required to get pre-approval from Facebook prior to running ads promoting prescription drugs.

Only pre-approved advertisers that fall into one of these three categories — online pharmacies, telehealth providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers — will be permitted to promote these products, and they may only do so in the US, Canada or New Zealand. These ads must not target people under 18 years of age.

You can find more information on the application process in our Help Center.

C

ChateauDif

I'm a wholeseller of supplements and other health related products.
How does this affect advertising for supplements on FB?

In the past I have steered clear of their platform because I have too many friends
that have been Zucker fu@%cked.

Accounts banned and crippling their business with little communication or clarity
as to what they did wrong. I've just steered clear...

Z

zoe

Unfortunately, YES. This policy is for supplements too.

You may contact with the manufacturer of this supplement and ask for the certificate, and provide that to Facebook. (this might work IMO, but let's see how things move after this new policy is implemented in August 2021)

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a wholeseller of supplements and other health related products.
How does this affect advertising for supplements on FB?

In the past I have steered clear of their platform because I have too many friends
that have been Zucker fu@%cked.

Accounts banned and crippling their business with little communication or clarity
as to what they did wrong. I've just steered clear...
Even before this policy, everything supplement related was getting hammered....so I can only assume it will be worse...

C

ChateauDif

Even before this policy, everything supplement related was getting hammered....so I can only assume it will be worse...

Yes and what is frustrating is it appears to be heavy handed policy aimed at affiliates
running shady offers for quick bucks. Unfortunately it hits legit sellers actually in the
supplement business.

Up until this point I've only ran on Amazon and Walmart and my
own sites but wanted to start list building for the longterm.

I may need to sell out while I'm ahead and switch verticals entirely

Ecom/Merch maybe...

C

ChateauDif

Unfortunately, YES. This policy is for supplements too.

You may contact with the manufacturer of this supplement and ask for the certificate, and provide that to Facebook. (this might work IMO, but let's see how things move after this new policy is implemented in August 2021)

I can get any certificate needed as I have great relationships with
all my manufactureres and suppliers. The hits supplements have taken
over the years makes me think I may scrambling up a ladder leaned
against the wrong wall though.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes and what is frustrating is it appears to be heavy handed policy aimed at affiliates
running shady offers for quick bucks. Unfortunately it hits legit sellers actually in the
supplement business.

Up until this point I've only ran on Amazon and Walmart and my
own sites but wanted to start list building for the longterm.

I may need to sell out while I'm ahead and switch verticals entirely

Ecom/Merch maybe...
Ok yeah affiliates can be shady but many offer owners (at least the ones I met in vegas) are more shady! 😂😂

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush