• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Marketing News This Week - Feb 1 2023

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score

The Whirlwind that was January​

I make no secret of the fact that I do not like winter. That's unfortunate, since I live in Canada, and winter is kinda our thing. But not mine! January and February are the hardest months of the year to stay motivated. If I could hibernate in my office, you wouldn't see me until the springtime.

But I noticed something quite fascinating recently.

It's the end of January! Tomorrow is actually February 1, and I have no idea where the first month of 2023 went.

And honestly, I'm ok with that.

What about you? Do you find that your mojo changes depending on the time of year? Are you a beach bum? An avid skiier? Drop me a line, and let me know how you stay motivated to push your business forward!

[email protected]

FROM THE BLOG​

Best 7 Tools to Download YouTube Videos Online

There are a lot of great reasons to download YouTube videos. I find it incredibly useful to download a few videos to my phone if I'm going to be going somewhere where I expect a certain amount of downtime.

I don't have to worry about spotty internet connections, or watching my data cap.

The easiest way to download YouTube videos is by having a YouTube Premium account, as it's built right in!

But if you aren't using a Premium account, you can still easily download any video from YouTube. Check out our article to find the 7 best tools to help you do just that!

SPONSORED​

Your business needs a website!

Sure, there ARE ways around it, but why would would want to make your life more complicated than it needs to be?

Once you accept that universal truth, then it's time to start thinking about where you want to house your site.

One of the best places to start is with Bluehost! I've personally used them for years with a number of sites, and never had any problems. They are fast, flexible and their prices are extremely reasonable.

Especially right now, with up to 70% off!
One of the great things I found with creating and hosting your site with Bluehost, is that you can be completely hands off if you want to be. Their experts will build the most professional-looking website you can imagine.

I need that. It worked for me. It can work for you too.

Give Bluehost a try. You won't be disappointed.

SEO​

Where Should You Spend Your SEO Budget?​

Your Google rankings rely on a lot of different factors. When it comes to setting your SEO budget, you can't possibly throw money at all of them.

With every choice, there comes a trade-off. And if you want the best bang for your money, you need to target SEO variables where you can make the biggest change!

Our friends at SearchEngineLand have put together a comprehensive article to help you make the most of your SEO budget dollars!

GOOGLE​

Google Search OK with AI-generated Articles as Long as They’re Useful​

There's been a lot of talk recently about the use of AI-generated content, and whether Google will penalize content that it deems to be created by AI.

And then CNET came under scrutiny for using AI to generate articles on their website... for months!

Turns out, that Google doesn't really care where your content comes from, as long as it's original, and useful to their users.

Really... this makes sense. If the quality of your article is good, what does it matter whether you wrote it yourself, hired someone to write it for you, or pushed the button on a keyboard to generate it.

The key is that it must be GOOD. So whether you write the article yourself, hire someone to write it for you, or use AI... you are still responsible for ensuring that the article is factual, original, and just plain helpful to humans.

And according to 9to5 Google, if you follow those rules, then Google doesn't seem likely to penalize your content.

ANALYTICS​

What is the Difference between GA4 vs Universal Analytics?​

Having to switch from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4 can be overwhelming, particularly if you are only familiar with Universal Analytics and that is all you have ever used.

However, the reality is that there is no way to avoid the situation, and you need to learn how to do the switch.

Neil Patel just posted an article where he answers everything you need to know about GA4. What's different? What's the same? What should you be doing right now to take advantage of the new functionality?

Check out the article here!

COPYWRITING​

SEO Copywriting: 10 Tips to Boost Your Content's Performance​

The purpose of SEO copywriting is to provide your audience with high-quality content that is both useful and in line with the best practices of search engine optimization.

If you're looking for ways to improve your content (and why wouldn't you be?) then check out SEMrush's article.

And if you're in a hurry, here are the highlights!

INTERWEB NUGGETS​

First it was Twitter, but now Facebook and Instagram are letting Donald Trump back into the party. Yeah, lucky us! "With guardrails in place", whatever that means. And if The Donald does decide to come back to these meta-owned social networks, what does that mean for Trump's Truth Social? That's IS still a thing, right?

Want to Build a Profitable Affiliate Campaign Fast?

THEN CHECK US OUT!

DayJob Hacks Sponsored Articles - The Quickest Way to Build Your Audience​

Sponsored articles in The DayJob Hacks newsletter are your opportunity to share your work and get noticed by thousands of potential clients. Drop us a line today, and let's get your message out there!

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush