• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

LP CTR, Optimization and Number of Placements ?

optimizepress

guillyaffi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Straight to the point, three questions:

1. What is considered a good Landing Page CTR ? On my offers it usually hovers around 15 to 20%

2. On the optimization phase, what is the main criteria for killing the placements... CTR ? I usually kill anything that is bellow 7% CTR.

3. What is the appropriate number of placements to start a campaign ? The Blacklists I usually get from my AMs always leaves around 300 to 500 active placements, I think that's too many, what is the proper way to go about limiting the number of placements on your campaign? What are some of the things you guys do ?

Thank you very much for any feedback and I hope you all have a great week !!

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guillyaffi,

Well, the answer would vary from professional to professional. Everyone has got their own working kit. My take on it is:

1) 20% is pretty good. At best, I have seen it going around 35, but that didn't last longer.
2) CTR mainly and then the funnel (it you have one at place). You can track which clicks are performing well in the funnels and then you remove non-performing ones, which skyrockets the CTR for the rest.

What is your niche btw? and which platform has been working well for you lately?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Straight to the point, three questions:

1. What is considered a good Landing Page CTR ? On my offers it usually hovers around 15 to 20%

2. On the optimization phase, what is the main criteria for killing the placements... CTR ? I usually kill anything that is bellow 7% CTR.

3. What is the appropriate number of placements to start a campaign ? The Blacklists I usually get from my AMs always leaves around 300 to 500 active placements, I think that's too many, what is the proper way to go about limiting the number of placements on your campaign? What are some of the things you guys do ?

Thank you very much for any feedback and I hope you all have a great week !!
1. For me depends on traffic source, and strategy. For example I have one lander that is a zip submit quiz funnel and 70% of people enter a zip on search traffic. But in general yes 20% or more is a must for me....for most direct reponse style pages.

2. If you are referring to native ads traffic and LP CTR then yes i usually start my optimizations with LP CTR. I usually start with pausing widget placements with either no click throughs, or rediculously high click throughs. I then move to AD CTR as my optimizations and hopefully at this point conversions are happening and i focuss on those.

3. Many native platforms are different - some allow specific placements and others force you to run on hundreds of placements. For example on Outbrain i can target MSN only. I agree 300 - 500 placements is a stretch...so if you have a legit offer that wont get banned on google you can go there and run say 10 - 50 placements you choose yourself. Might be worth it if you want to laser target display ads.

guillyaffi

Reaction score
Hey Joey,

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm working with MGID, mostly because it is the only traffic source that I have a dedicated AM since I hit the minimum spending requirement. Do you think it would be feasible to ask her for a blacklist that leaves me with a max of 100 or so placements or are they unable to do such thing ?

Also, on an optimized and scaled Native campaign how many active placements do you usually have left ?

Sorry for picking you brain so much!!

Thanks for all the help!

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Joey,

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm working with MGID, mostly because it is the only traffic source that I have a dedicated AM since I hit the minimum spending requirement. Do you think it would be feasible to ask her for a blacklist that leaves me with a max of 100 or so placements or are they unable to do such thing ?

Also, on an optimized and scaled Native campaign how many active placements do you usually have left ?

Sorry for picking you brain so much!!

Thanks for all the help!
it is feasible to ask them for as much help as possible no matter how silly of a question it is. They know their job is to help you make money. Ask for as much intelligence as you can possibly get. As for active placements...the majority of revenue in my experience are worthless and only like 10 -20 ever pan out good long term.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush