• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Kill Ratio or 3 day rule for PPC?

optimizepress

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is too early, give it some time. I would suggest a 7 to 14 days rule thing.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it better to set a kill ratio for PPC campaigns or use the 3-day rule?
I don't believe in the 3 day rule...only cause to really test I like to try every day of the week. For example let's say you start a finance campaign on Friday and it fails till monday...they you realize they only convert best during business hours...

Also as for a kill switch there really is no given formula that's perfect...

I know a lot of people try to make it systematic to make it easier but every campaign has so many moving parts including targeting, geo, language, OS, landing pages, ads, offers, time of day, day of week, time of year...etc etc....there is no real way to set a number and stick with it.

So all that being said, it's really a skill we develop over time.

If you spend an amount of money you are uncomfortable losing and conversions are $0...it's probably not gonna work.

I'm sorry I don't have a real definitive answer to this...

But typically if I send 100 clicks to a CPA offer and I know my marketing and targeting is bang on....I want to see actual conversions and a decent epc (which again is relative to the offer)...if it's 0 I have no faith.

Would love to hear others thoughts.

anthonyhusband

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I don't believe in the 3 day rule...only cause to really test I like to try every day of the week. For example let's say you start a finance campaign on Friday and it fails till monday...they you realize they only convert best during business hours...

Also as for a kill switch there really is no given formula that's perfect...

I know a lot of people try to make it systematic to make it easier but every campaign has so many moving parts including targeting, geo, language, OS, landing pages, ads, offers, time of day, day of week, time of year...etc etc....there is no real way to set a number and stick with it.

So all that being said, it's really a skill we develop over time.

If you spend an amount of money you are uncomfortable losing and conversions are $0...it's probably not gonna work.

I'm sorry I don't have a real definitive answer to this...

But typically if I send 100 clicks to a CPA offer and I know my marketing and targeting is bang on....I want to see actual conversions and a decent epc (which again is relative to the offer)...if it's 0 I have no faith.

Would love to hear others thoughts.
Got it. That clarifies it a lot more.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush