• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Is my strategy for ecom good ? i am doing this ...

optimizepress

silvermoon

Expired Membership
Reaction score
so i am promoting a single ecom product offer. Payout $44 per sale (actually its 40 EUR ... i converted to usd)

the flow is

Stage 1:
(Bing Ads + Google Search Ads) -> Advertorial (with hop link=Click Here for Discounted Price) -> Offer Lander (checkout page actually).

i am targeting -
1. generic keywords (how to purpose)
2. buyer keyword (purpose device)
3. review keyword (brand review, brand, does brand work ?, is brand a scam)

Hop Rate on advertorial = 15%-25% (that is the number of people who went to the offer)
is that number good enough ?

i have found the optimum bid around 40 cents where i am getting decent clicks for a decent cpc. is that good ?

sales from stage 1: ZERO

Stage 2:
Retarget the Hoppers (who showed interest) with Google Display Network banner ads.

this is all that i could think of at the moment.
what can i add in that recipe to improve.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
It is hard to say if 40 cent clicks are good or not - it really depends if you get sales and what the conversion value is for the product/offer. The only way you will know is by the data.

With the information that I have, I would recommend getting another lander ready to test against your current one once you have the data.

What type of offer or network is it that you are not able to track sales in real-time?

Your "hop rate" or CTR click thru from lander to offer at 25 percent is good IMO.

Retargeting is worth testing and should work, but it is really hard to say. Id rely more on the data - because the data does not lie.

Good luck.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is ecom it should also be allowed on Facebook. You can re-target on Facebook as well as build a good audience of people who perhaps click through your lander and show interest. With Google you will need a good website as they have the bridge page policy.

silvermoon

Expired Membership
Reaction score
update:
after sending about 65 clicks to the offer .... i got 1 conversion

bing + adwords spend: $160
made back: $44

HMMM ...

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
update:
after sending about 65 clicks to the offer .... i got 1 conversion

bing + adwords spend: $160
made back: $44

HMMM ...

1 Conversion is tough to optimize but was it google or bing?

theosap

Expired Membership
Reaction score
As an affiliate, you can't sustain campaigns based on retargeting results. Obviously, if it works is a plus, but will only account for a small % which you won't be able to properly account for in regards which keyword/ad set etc brought this.

CTR from acquired client is kind of irrelevant in many cases. At least in yours. If the visitor clicks to an offer before he is ready a higher CTR won't result in more sales, the opposite. CTA should occur when visitor is fully qualified. You could introduce a 2nd LP with major changes and a/b test it.

silvermoon

Expired Membership
Reaction score
As an affiliate, you can't sustain campaigns based on retargeting results. Obviously, if it works is a plus, but will only account for a small % which you won't be able to properly account for in regards which keyword/ad set etc brought this.

CTR from acquired client is kind of irrelevant in many cases. At least in yours. If the visitor clicks to an offer before he is ready a higher CTR won't result in more sales, the opposite. CTA should occur when visitor is fully qualified. You could introduce a 2nd LP with major changes and a/b test it.

deep thoughts in there.

so you mean retargeting does not have the necessary impact to turn a negative roi campaign into a positive one.
and that the campaign has to get profitable by itself in stage 1 ? hmm... ok, i will run this campaign for a few more days, lets see what happens.

i thought that higher offer page ctr atleast indicates better quality traffic. yes it may not be qualified enough to make a purchase right that moment.

this casts doubt on the very core of my strategy ... that is 1. higher offer ctr (better traffic) + 2. retargeting (like a good salesman)

theosap

Expired Membership
Reaction score
The problem is that is extremely difficult regardless your tracking capacity and experience to manage/babysit such campaign where any profit comes from just retargeting. I see a lot of points of failure.

Now, if this is your sole focus I guess you might be able to make it work long term. The question is, does it worth your time?

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter