• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Is Facebook Still The #1 Traffic source?

optimizepress

anthonyhusband

Expired Membership
Reaction score
With all the changes at Facebook and increases in ad spend, do you think Facebook is still the best traffic source?

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NO. NO. NO.

I hope the above answer it helps.

Well, Facebook has lost the game, at least this is what i think as of now. Maybe good for ecom but nothing is there for affiliate marketing. You can't rely on them, anymore.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook converts extremely well and has amazing automatic optimization, and targetting like no other paltform - and is still the #1 "preferred traffic".

So why the quotes....here's the catch.....

Yes I would love if I could spend $10,s of thousands a day on Facebook ads...and so would many other businesses, but FB will ban accounts left and right, and their AI also falsely stops ads which then messes with the algorithm so one day you are flying high...the next day losing thousands.

Some might call me bitter....

I have lost more than 100 accounts on Facebook in the last 5 years and ran everything even squeaky clean Whitehat campaigns that got shut down...

There are always "experts" who would argue that I am just not doing it right but in reality even the big time spenders (5-6 figs a day) are often using agency accounts that they don't even own.

Bottom line is you can make a killing with Facebook ads but if you don't have a source of accounts, or a farm of accounts your days are numbered no matter what.

Facebook is extremely unstable.

Facebook stock reported over 48% increase in revenue in the last quarter i think but thats not because more people are advertising...it's because CPM costs are getting higher.

So all that said - F#$K facebook.

harenil

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I’m still relatively new and focusing on Google and Bing ads right now, but I get FOMO about Facebook ads sometimes. Comments like these make me feel better about focusing solely on search ads :)

anthonyhusband

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I’m still relatively new and focusing on Google and Bing ads right now, but I get FOMO about Facebook ads sometimes. Comments like these make me feel better about focusing solely on search ads :)
I've been suffering from FOMO about Facebook ads since my first account was banned. I only had a chance to set up 3 campaigns until I was done for. That was 1 year ago. 🤦‍♂️

anthonyhusband

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Facebook converts extremely well and has amazing automatic optimization, and targetting like no other paltform - and is still the #1 "preferred traffic".

So why the quotes....here's the catch.....

Yes I would love if I could spend $10,s of thousands a day on Facebook ads...and so would many other businesses, but FB will ban accounts left and right, and their AI also falsely stops ads which then messes with the algorithm so one day you are flying high...the next day losing thousands.

Some might call me bitter....

I have lost more than 100 accounts on Facebook in the last 5 years and ran everything even squeaky clean Whitehat campaigns that got shut down...

There are always "experts" who would argue that I am just not doing it right but in reality even the big time spenders (5-6 figs a day) are often using agency accounts that they don't even own.

Bottom line is you can make a killing with Facebook ads but if you don't have a source of accounts, or a farm of accounts your days are numbered no matter what.

Facebook is extremely unstable.

Facebook stock reported over 48% increase in revenue in the last quarter i think but thats not because more people are advertising...it's because CPM costs are getting higher.

So all that said - F#$K facebook.
🤣 I guess I'll try to stay away from them. The FOMO gets to me sometimes, even with the uncertainty of the platform.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter