• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Is anyone still using a typo hack successfully?

optimizepress

csb521169

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that search engines auto-correct misspellings, typos must be a thing of the past. But are they always? A couple of examples come to mind:
  1. an exact product match - someone looking for a review/coupon/info types in the product name incorrectly....and you have an indexed page with that same spelling
  2. an exact search with massive volume and high value. This is what set this off in my mind. I dabble in domain names, and came across a 2-word name that yes, is a misspelling but the misspelling is also a word. The second word makes SENSE with the the first one, and would make a great BRANDABLE domain. I didnt register it yet, or I would post the exact name. But it's in the financial space, and describes a role/activity that gets 100K searches monthly (18K in the US) and about $10cpc. That's a lot of people just walking by every month, so I'm trying to think of how to monetize with an interesting offer. Am I nuts??

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently I do target some misspellings in my google/Bing ads and they do convert well. I know some people who think it's dead because of the spellchecker features from the search engines...
but the data never lies.

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Typos still have value as they are still getting searched. For instance, check "Auto Isnurance", its monthly value and KD.

1618323422327.png

csb521169

Premium Member
Reaction score
What value do they have? Google and Siri and Alexa correct them automatically, so how would anyone wind up on the domain? I was tired one night and registered a high cpc keyword in the auto accident category, only registered it by accident. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had some type-in traffic (back when the search terms werent automatically corrected)

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your statement is logical, however the above screenshot is also data-driven, so I believe there is a still value in it. Data don't lie, and the only way to confirm it is by doing a campaign accordingly.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter