• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Is a "general review" site too broad in scope for my authority site?

optimizepress

dannymac

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I own a a domain called yourhonestreviews.com - my initial thought for my authority site/blog was to keep it broad (i.e. "reviews) and then to add pages for a variety of review content (I.e. "yourhonestreviews.com/affiliateprogramreviews) and to use the yourhonestreviews.com domain as sort of a holding site for a wide variety of reviews. Is it too general or should I be considering a unique domain for each niche? Would it be harder to rank pages this way? I was thinking if someone were searching for "honest affiliate program reviews" it might rank well because I already have "review" and "honest" in the domain.....

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I think "honest reviews" is nice to have...but as you say it is catered to a broad market.

The challenge with a website that caters to a broad market is that you might feel you have to develop content for multiple different topics... IE affiliate program reviews...shoes reviews, software reviews, drone reviews, television reviews....etc...

I think if you just stick to a few categories at first you should be able to manage it. You could just start with the one category and once you see it ranking and getting traffic - examine your results and see if there is opportunity to expand from there.

dannymac

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Ok cool...I wanted to avoid constantly buying domains. You're right...I plan to stick with a microniche to begin for sure.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter