• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

How Do We Know That A Landing Page is Copyrighted

optimizepress

nioviathinaia

Reaction score
A major issue when we rip presell-landing pages for native or push ads is that we are not allowed to use copyrighted material ( of course we know that it is illegal to use public figures that do not support the product (s) we promote, misinterpreting their opinions, proofs, studies etc , or even stated something related to our offer(s).
How do we know ,for sure, when we want to rip a landing page that we are running the risk of
copywright infringement?
Should this page have a statement at the footer such as e.g : ''© 2020 Copyright. All rights reserved''?
Could this be stated inside a page in the footer menu of the lander?
Nevertheless, are we allowed to spin the article's text and legally use this content ? (using an article spinner)

Attachments

• copyright.PNG
    copyright.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Hi. In my opinion, whenever you "rip" a page you should always make the content better. If you make it your own with new content you reduce the chance of copyright infringement.

I would add the copyright wording to the site.

You can use article spinners but again I would just use the content as inspiration and then change it and make it yours.

Once the campaign is running you should be A+B testing your landers on a regular basis anyway. Article spinners have their place but if you are trying to make a killer campaign I would take the time to do it right. If you try to do it the easiest way possible you may not get the most out of your campaign.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
first of all I used to rip and run so I am not pretending to be a super compliant guy....HOWEVER...........

In recent years I have pretty much stopped ripping and running for a few reasons.

1. It's just bad kharma
2. I run a ton of amount of clicks and therefore stand a better chance of getting caught than when I did it before
3. Many networks and advertisers I work with are also working with the people who I may rip pages from and have asked we not rip and run.
4. I use other's pages for inspiration but my pages always convert better...
5. Ripped pages could have click jacking scripts

As for the actual text pretty sure no one is gonna come beat down your doors if you take some text....worst case you might receive a nasty email and a request to take it down.

theosap

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Any replication of original work that hasn't been released in public, is not licensed or isn't used under fair use...is a copyright infringement. United States has DMCA, while Europe and Canada have their own legislations, they do honor DMCA terms and their legislations are very very similar. If you want to safeguard your IP, you can submit your work at the copyright office (online process). It is not that expensive, but definitely tedious...

Rule of thumb, every time you ask.. you're probably about to commit such infringement :)

If you want to protect your own work, you can copyright it and hire a company to actively monitor infringements. If you send a DMCA complaint to an ad network they'll remove it. I'm not sure if they have strike 1, 2, 3 policy.

theosap

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that one of my very best friends runs a very interesting company that can help you establish a time-code of first usage/creation of your IP.

https://hashingdna.com/

Basically what his service does is signs a created hash of your file(s) on the blockchain.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush