• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Higher or Lower bids for new Native Campaigns?

optimizepress

mavericx

Reaction score
I read an article from Charles Ngo a little while back where he advocated for higher initial bids for new native campaigns (not sure how old the article was). I understood his reasoning, but wanted to see if anyone here had any feedback as to what they suggest/do for their campaigns?

For instance, I see on MGID that the avg US bid is like .35-.40 cents....while I can see the merits of doing that high of a bid initially for data, I would think that level is probably going to be too high to be profitable in the long term for a CPA offer that pays out like $10-$20... so is it even worth it to start with a bid that high if I'm ultimately targeting a bid in the .10-.25 cent range to be profitable? (for example)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

mavericx

Reaction score
Oh! And being new to Native, I don't have a white or black list yet....in case that affects anyone's recommendations. ;-)

Thanks again!

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Maveric!

There is actually no constant rule in marketing. No one rule. Market is saturated. Brands keep on coming. Advertisers keep on coming. Competition remains neck to neck in many verticals. It is all about trying until you figure out what has started working for you. What works for one vertical might not work for another. The kind of situation you are in, I would suggest to ideally start around $0.1 - $0.2, but if you can be more specific about the product, I can give you a better idea on it.

- peace

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Many times those recommendations come from the traffic sources themselves...in order to open you up on more placements and spend more. In my opinion and testing I have note seen a big advantage to starting with high bids In fact I usually start native with low bids and low daily budget just to weed out all the placements that will eat my budget with poor traffic. But some would argue I am missing out on other placements.

It's really worth testing yourself...but if you want to start slow and scale later you could always open a new campaign and test higher bids.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush