• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Hey everyone

optimizepress

passive45

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hey there I'm new and saying hello :)

I've been doing affiliate marketing (with various levels on modest success) for about 1.5 years.

As I'm sure most people here have, have had a scatter-gun approach (tried most things).

I've been in a coaching program for the last 6 months or so which has been great and taught me a LOT (especially on how to urn google ads), and that was focussed solely on the MMO niche.

I've met some great people there and gained a lot of knowledge, but the one thing I keep being drawn back to is CPA and paid traffic. The freedom to not have to be constrained to a single niche is appealing to me.

I much more of a 'looking at data/patterns' kind of guy than a 'posting stuff to build a personal brand on facebook to get sales' kind of guy (I've come to realise).

I've done some good CPA training already and have experience of push ads (and google ads) - looking to build on that. With push I have practice at optimising (and had some minor profits) but have never got to the point where I can scale - and that's where I want to be.

Ultimately if I got 'good enough' at push, I would look to scale into native - but currently that amounts of money involved are putting me off until I see more success.

So:
Short term goal: Get better at push - be able scale to point of daily profit of even $100 per day
Medium term goal: Be able to scale to $300 per day
Longer term goal: Add in Native to the mix and scale to the moon and back....LOL

Anyhoo - great to be here, working through the case studies etc - liking what I see :)

Cheers Stu

harenil

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hey Stu! I'm new here too :) I love the way you break down your goals, I'm in a very similar boat in that my first goal is also a consistent $100/day profit with CPA. Resources are always limited, so I feel that once that plateau is reached it's a breakthrough since you can now self fund new campaigns. Good luck homie!

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Ill be honest I find Push is hard to scale long term because it is based on subscribers lists, when new subscribers come into the push platforms they are hammered hard and convert well for let's say 3- 4 weeks tops. Many platforms now allow us to target only new siubscribers - which means everyone is hitting them as fast as possible before they catch on that every notification is a stupid ad. :)

So for example you might optimize perfectly after a week's worth of data then all of a sudden campaign goes to crap. This is likely due to burnout on the subscribers from a particular source. Push has it's advantages but the longevity is lacking IMO. (cheap clicks, no rules)

Native on the other hand - has a longer life span (think CNN readers and endless news channels)

Just my two cents... would like to hear what you think.

passive45

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hey there, hear what you're saying and it makes perfect sense -
I know that native is ultimately where the money is, I suppose (if I'm being honest) I'm put off by the difference in spend compared to push. I'm not in a position to do hundreds just to test a campaign or put down 1k as a min buy in for a network.

Unless I have misunderstood the spend difference? Hoping that I have misunderstood the spend difference lol :)

Cheers Stu

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there, hear what you're saying and it makes perfect sense -
I know that native is ultimately where the money is, I suppose (if I'm being honest) I'm put off by the difference in spend compared to push. I'm not in a position to do hundreds just to test a campaign or put down 1k as a min buy in for a network.

Unless I have misunderstood the spend difference? Hoping that I have misunderstood the spend difference lol :)

Cheers StuYeah this makes sense interms of cost per click.

In terms of cost per click yes Push is definitely going to be cheaper than native in Tier 1 countries. But if you start run of the network, the budget can get burned out pretty quick, so it's important to either target top tier traffic, or get a rep who already knows what placements would work with your offer.

passive45

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Thank you - yes in my heart I know native is really the answer, I just need to persuade my wallet lol.

I'll go through the case studies some more - in the training section for native, will there be more videos coming?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes we are working on the native training this month to propvide an up to date campaign example for financial lead generation.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush