• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Hello Everyone - good to be here

optimizepress

richardr01

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm Richard from Nelson in New Zealand. I've joined because so far most of my affiliate marketing efforts have resulted in me losing money! So hopefully I can now start to turn things around.

I'd like to develop a profitable site in the health niche. I already have a blog set up, but it still requires a bit of work to tidy it up. I realise that this will be a long term effort until success is achieved, so I'd also like to be able to develop some skills in the meantime to be able to create some profitable cpa campaigns to generate some relatively quick revenue if possible.

So far my cpa efforts using propellerads and maxbounty haven't produced any conversions, so I'm doing something wrong obviously. A few years ago I did manage to make some good money with a credit-card knife cpa offer - unfortunately though this also resulted in my facebook ads account being banned :cautious:. I was far too naive

Looking forwards to success!

Last edited:

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Richard,
Welcome to the forum.

Affiliate Marketing journey is all about testing & trying. Sad about what you have gone through, but this is how we all learn about new things. Hoping you will get to learn skills and techniques that will make your affiliate marketing journey profitable.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm Richard from Nelson in New Zealand. I've joined because so far most of my affiliate marketing efforts have resulted in me losing money! So hopefully I can now start to turn things around.

I'd like to develop a profitable site in the health niche. I already have a blog set up, but it still requires a bit of work to tidy it up. I realise that this will be a long term effort until success is achieved, so I'd also like to be able to develop some skills in the meantime to be able to create some profitable cpa campaigns to generate some relatively quick revenue if possible.

So far my cpa efforts using propellerads and maxbounty haven't produced any conversions, so I'm doing something wrong obviously. A few years ago I did manage to make some good money with a credit-card knife cpa offer - unfortunately though this also resulted in my facebook ads account being banned :cautious:. I was far too naive

Facebook bans even the most advanced experts....it is a ban happy ad platform so don't feel bad.

As for your attemps on Propeller I think push ads are pretty tough to be honest. The quality is dropping on them - and I think the fraudsters are getting better at manipulating this traffic source.

Plus if you do find great placements they don't last long since others are also hitting those same subscribers with ads on full force. So good pubs get burned out.

This begs the question...where do you begin?

I prefer search ads - Bing/microsoft or Google.

The users are SUPER targetted and in the market. Plus it's nearly impossible game their system so even though you might pay 40 cents for a click you know its real...vs paying 5 cents on push ads but only 1 out of 10 clicks is real.

richardr01

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Richard,
Welcome to the forum.

Affiliate Marketing journey is all about testing & trying. Sad about what you have gone through, but this is how we all learn about new things. Hoping you will get to learn skills and techniques that will make your affiliate marketing journey profitable.
Thanks Zoe, much appreciated

richardr01

Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook bans even the most advanced experts....it is a ban happy ad platform so don't feel bad.

As for your attemps on Propeller I think push ads are pretty tough to be honest. The quality is dropping on them - and I think the fraudsters are getting better at manipulating this traffic source.

Plus if you do find great placements they don't last long since others are also hitting those same subscribers with ads on full force. So good pubs get burned out.

This begs the question...where do you begin?

I prefer search ads - Bing/microsoft or Google.

The users are SUPER targetted and in the market. Plus it's nearly impossible game their system so even though you might pay 40 cents for a click you know its real...vs paying 5 cents on push ads but only 1 out of 10 clicks is real.
Thanks very much for the advice. I too have been getting very disillusioned with push ads and I've been considering search traffic as well. I've used bing (MS Ads) a bit in the past and find the traffic quality very good. Not sure if Google ads are accepting of CPA offers though - have you used them yourself for this purpose?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the advice. I too have been getting very disillusioned with push ads and I've been considering search traffic as well. I've used bing (MS Ads) a bit in the past and find the traffic quality very good. Not sure if Google ads are accepting of CPA offers though - have you used them yourself for this purpose?
I run a lot of Google ads to CPA offers. Have you watched the Google ads training in the webinars section? I cover most of what you need to consider in there. https://powerhouseaffiliate.com/webinars-library/

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score

Hi Richard. Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Joey. Google or Bing/Microsoft ads FTW. I have made good money with FB and other platforms but the ban hammer is always looming with FB. If you are not breaking their terms you will probably get your account back....but this will take time and effort while your campaigns are down.

Search traffic is so straight forward and the user is looking for something, not being interrupted. This should keep CR more stable and you can really see what, where and when your conversions are coming from.

I would start with Bing/Microsoft and then move/import your campaign to Google.

You are right Google isn't a fan of affiliates or CPA but that can be overcome with the methods Joey suggested in his video and by becoming familiar with their terms.

I would wait until you get a solid search campaign going with a good offer before looking at FB. Make sure that you have enough budget to keep your FB campaigns on while waiting for your network payment, it really sucks to turn off profitable campaigns for many reasons. Maybe look at retargeting between google/bing and FB platforms once things are flowing well.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush