• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Has anyone had a lot of success WITHOUT using Google Ads?

optimizepress

hgillam

Expired Membership
Reaction score
My Google Ads account was suspended a long time ago. I tried everything to get it back (appealed multiple times and sent all my information in, hired someone to help me, tried a new IP address/business name/credit card/etc.) and nothing worked. A lot of successful affiliate marketers and guides reference Google Ads. I don't think there's any way for me to utilize Google Ads as a traffic source to my website (unless I bought a business already using Google ads which I don't have the money for that right now).

Has anyone had a lot of success WITHOUT using Google Ads that have been in a similar situation? I know there's free social media, Bing ads, Pinterest Ads, etc....it's just discouraging because it seems like all the big money comes from Google. And without Google it feels like it will take twice as long and I have to work way harder to make substantial profit.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice.

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi @hgillam,
Depending on the offers you want to promote, there are many other traffic sources out there, except the mainstream ones.

Here is a list of traffic sources (the page shows the tokens for tracking, but you can skip that part and focus on the traffic sources ;)). The important thing is for you to know that, depending on the offers you promote, you can get traffic from other traffic sources. And there are quite a few.

Hope this helps,
Julia

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
whilst I'm no expert (except at not being an expert) I would echo what Julia says above.

At the end of the day if paid traffic source 'X' didn't work, no-one would use it - and there are LOTS of paid traffic sources :)

Craig_Optimizer

Premium Member
Reaction score
My Google Ads account was suspended a long time ago. I tried everything to get it back (appealed multiple times and sent all my information in, hired someone to help me, tried a new IP address/business name/credit card/etc.) and nothing worked. A lot of successful affiliate marketers and guides reference Google Ads. I don't think there's any way for me to utilize Google Ads as a traffic source to my website (unless I bought a business already using Google ads which I don't have the money for that right now).

Has anyone had a lot of success WITHOUT using Google Ads that have been in a similar situation? I know there's free social media, Bing ads, Pinterest Ads, etc....it's just discouraging because it seems like all the big money comes from Google. And without Google it feels like it will take twice as long and I have to work way harder to make substantial profit.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice.
There is a lot of BIG MONEY in Tiktok Ads and Facebook Ads. :)

While Google may be referenced a lot, it is not the "BEST" traffic source for affiliates, in my opinion. The rules are harsh, and the competition is extremely fierce.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
.it's just discouraging because it seems like all the big money comes from Google. And without Google it feels like it will take twice as long and I have to work way harder to make substantial profit.
If you are talking about paid traffic there are tons of places to get massive traffic that converts. It all comes down to having a good offer and putting it in front of the right people. Google is attractive to some affiliates due to its easy targeting methods, as Craig says, competition is fierce in search traffic. Google is not the only answer by any means.

There are affiliates making thousands of dollars a week (or day) on native ads, Social media like Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, and the list goes on.

Don't be discouraged because Google won't let you play. Microsoft search ads also seem to be making the news alot, and I think we will see more opportunity there as affiliates in the coming year.

summitview

Premium Member
Reaction score
@joeybabbs It seems the the main challenge today is finding massive traffic sources that convert AND that treat advertisers/affiliates well (meaning they don't ban accounts using bots) AND that don't require a massive amount of adspend to find what works. Which traffic types or companies do you know that meet that criteria... or at least come close?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out Microsoft Ads, Taboola/Outbrain if you want to go a little wild..... but for Facebook/Google/Tiktok you need to follow rules to a T.

Some advertisers are able to be a bit aggressive on Youtube, but it will catch up.

summitview

Premium Member
Reaction score
Taboola/Outbrain: from everything I've seen, they seem very expensive and one lead gen agency I saw recommend a $500/day budget to get any real data; doesn't seem that doable for affiliates w/o deep pockets.

Microsoft Ads is a good one I agree. Drawback is that traffic is a fraction of Google (and sometimes clicks are pricey just like G) and not everything fits search.

So that's 3 ... so where are these "tons" of places to advertise ya'll are talking about? ;) Seems like everyone's listing the same places that everyone knows (to me, popular means the network is either overly expensive due to the popularity OR it's strict and run by bots in order to handle the volume).

The list on that page CPVLab posted is eye-opening though -- lots to explore there. The challenge would be trying to pick which ones to focus on and finding the gems. That's where some guidance would be helpful.

Related: I just stumbled upon a native ad at the bottom of an article on MSN.com that linked to a full-on fake blog (an affiliate promoting keto gummies). Yes, exactly like the ones the FTC cracked down on a decade ago. The native ad network was MediaGo, owned by Baidu Global. That might be another example of a lesser-talked about network with more lenient policies? -- but the only way to contact MediaGo is by email (not a contact form, but email)... which is weird.

prelexia

Reaction score
Hi @hgillam,
Depending on the offers you want to promote, there are many other traffic sources out there, except the mainstream ones.

Here is a list of traffic sources (the page shows the tokens for tracking, but you can skip that part and focus on the traffic sources ;)). The important thing is for you to know that, depending on the offers you promote, you can get traffic from other traffic sources. And there are quite a few.

Hope this helps,
Julia
For some seeing this long list of alternative traffic sources gives me a sense of hopefulness

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
For some seeing this long list of alternative traffic sources gives me a sense of hopefulness
@prelexia
A big part of this game is a matter of testing.

Glad that it helped!

bibanum

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Check out Microsoft Ads, Taboola/Outbrain if you want to go a little wild..... but for Facebook/Google/Tiktok you need to follow rules to a T.

Some advertisers are able to be a bit aggressive on Youtube, but it will catch up.
Is it possible somehow to return Google Ads account back ?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score

djeanp7898

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm having a lot of success with Microsoft Ads. Obviously it doesn't have the volume of traffic that Google Ads, but their keyword tool is very accurate and the Bing search engine is used by an older demographic who seem to have more money to spend.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter