• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Favorite Traffic Source and Why?

optimizepress

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I believe the title of this topic says it all. I'm curious, what's your favorite traffic source, and why?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook for the sheer fact that it has access to everyone in the world, it has amazing pixel technology, advertisers always like the quality of leads and sales from there, and it is highly scalable.

BUT - they ban like crazy so helps to have access to multiple accounts and credit cards.

#2 on my list is Google Search.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Mine is also FB. That being said it is also my most hated :) Basically for the same reasons as Joey mentioned.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Facebook for the sheer fact that it has access to everyone in the world, it has amazing pixel technology, advertisers always like the quality of leads and sales from there, and it is highly scalable.

BUT - they ban like crazy so helps to have access to multiple accounts and credit cards.

#2 on my list is Google Search.

Ahhh, yeah, I feel as though a lot of people like and dislike Facebook for those reasons listed. What do you like and dislike about Google Search traffic?

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Mine is also FB. That being said it is also my most hated :) Basically for the same reasons as Joey mentioned.

Makes sense. How long have you been in the affiliate marketing game for? Are you a full-time affiliate marketer?

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. How long have you been in the affiliate marketing game for? Are you a full-time affiliate marketer?

I have been in the game for about 8 years. Yes it is my only focu currently.

How long have you been doing it for? What type of traffic are you running?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, yeah, I feel as though a lot of people like and dislike Facebook for those reasons listed. What do you like and dislike about Google Search traffic?

Google search is high intent traffic...and easily scaleable

Watever you target for search KWs you know for sure your visitor is interested in it. It is not interruption marketing like Facebook so it is easier to convert.

What I don't like is really just that you have to put more work into building a high quality site or else you will be denied for their bridge page policy.

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has been SEO, reason being articles getting ranked, also because I used to monetize through AdSense. The second favorite is Facebook as it is pretty easier to get tons of traffic through Facebook.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I have been in the game for about 8 years. Yes it is my only focu currently.

How long have you been doing it for? What type of traffic are you running?

Nice! That's awesome! I work a full-time job at the moment as a corporate trainer in a sales environment. I've been doing affiliate marketing online part-time throughout the past 5 years. However, that was mainly with content marketing and free traffic. I'm making about $100-$200 per month right now, so not a ton, but a decent start. I'm a newbie when it comes to paid traffic and really want to learn the art of paid traffic because I can collect data so much quicker. Right now, I'm focusing on search traffic - Bing and Google.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Mine has been SEO, reason being articles getting ranked, also because I used to monetize through AdSense. The second favorite is Facebook as it is pretty easier to get tons of traffic through Facebook.

Ahhh nice! Yeah, SEO is a great way to make ongoing passive income without having to spend money constantly!

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Google search is high intent traffic...and easily scaleable

Watever you target for search KWs you know for sure your visitor is interested in it. It is not interruption marketing like Facebook so it is easier to convert.

What I don't like is really just that you have to put more work into building a high quality site or else you will be denied for their bridge page policy.

Ahhh makes sense. Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing with Google search traffic. Have you experimented with YouTube Ads by chance? I heard that YouTube Ads are relatively cheap and also very scalable.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! That's awesome! I work a full-time job at the moment as a corporate trainer in a sales environment. I've been doing affiliate marketing online part-time throughout the past 5 years. However, that was mainly with content marketing and free traffic. I'm making about $100-$200 per month right now, so not a ton, but a decent start. I'm a newbie when it comes to paid traffic and really want to learn the art of paid traffic because I can collect data so much quicker. Right now, I'm focusing on search traffic - Bing and Google.

Search is certainly a good place to start for sure. It looks like it is time to ramp things up!

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh makes sense. Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing with Google search traffic. Have you experimented with YouTube Ads by chance? I heard that YouTube Ads are relatively cheap and also very scalable.

I run youtube now yes. We are doing a case study soon on youtube ads.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Search is certainly a good place to start for sure. It looks like it is time to ramp things up!

Yessir! If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take you to really start hitting consistent, profitable campaigns? Also, how long did it take for you to go full-time in affiliate marketing?

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I run youtube now yes. We are doing a case study soon on youtube ads.

Oh man!! I'm looking forward to it! Though, I am trying to avoid shiny object syndrome. I'd like to stick with Microsoft Advertising and/or Google Search before getting too crazy! haha.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have a great mentor right off the bat that made being profitable fairly easy. There have been ups and downs for sure, most of the time it has been great with a few bumps along the way. The campaigns and traffic sources have changed so much over the years.

I have basically been full-time for 5 or more years.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have a great mentor right off the bat that made being profitable fairly easy. There have been ups and downs for sure, most of the time it has been great with a few bumps along the way. The campaigns and traffic sources have changed so much over the years.

I have basically been full-time for 5 or more years.

Wow! That's amazing man. Glad things are going well. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you! :)

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man!! I'm looking forward to it! Though, I am trying to avoid shiny object syndrome. I'd like to stick with Microsoft Advertising and/or Google Search before getting too crazy! haha.

I hear you. Those are great traffic sources to work on and there is no doubt you will find something to work there.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush