• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Facebook Advertising - Campaign Optimization #5

optimizepress

Superx

Premium Member
Reaction score
campaignoptimization.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	campaignoptimization.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	3741

Guide to Ad Reporting
The first thing you need to do is know Facebook Ad Statistics like the back of your hand. We are going to go through the important statistics so you have a better understanding.
  1. Impressions – Total number of times your ad was seen on Facebook.
  2. CPM – Cost to show your ad 1000 times.
  3. Frequency – The average number of times one person has seen your ad on Facebook.
  4. Amount Spent – The total number spent on your Ads. This number will vary depending on the date range you have selected for your Ads.
  5. Click Through Rate(CTR) – The percentage of people that click an ad that sent them to your sales page. In my opinion this is the most important metric besides your relevance score. Typically, higher the CTR lower cost per click you will have.
  6. Link Clicks – The number of people that clicked a link on your Ad (including action button) and went to your sales page.
  7. CPC – The average cost of each person that clicked your ad and went to your website.
  8. Relevance Score – Relevance score is based on the positive and negative feedback given towards your ad. The more positive interaction on your ad the higher your relevance score will be. The more times someone hides or reports negative feedback towards your ad the lower your score will be.
How to use the statistics

Ideally you want your overall spend on an ad to be lower than the total sales for the product your promoting.

Organize your Statistics

Organizing your stats in such a way so there easy to read is key. I show you in the screenshot below my preference for reading statistics the easiest way.
source.gif

Tips to Increase your CTR and Lower Your Costs Per Click

Is your CTR on your ad below 1%? You need to find ways to increase your CTR, typically I don’t promote anything on Facebook without it being at least 5%. Here are some tips on how to increase your CTR.
  • Try a different angle, maybe the angle you are promoting is just not working, typically during testing phases I test at least 3 angles at once in different ad-sets.
  • Your image isn’t capturing your audience, get your creative juices going. Try a few different images, try adding borders to all your pictures with vibrant colors so it stands out!
    facebook-split-testiing-ads.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	facebook-split-testiing-ads.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	3742
  • Always use a call to action button, typically I find this increases CTR by about 1%.
  • Target different audiences. As I mentioned in my previous guides it’s important that your ad is compelling to the target audience. For example, if you are promoting a gaming product, try to target people that like different game fan pages like Xbox or PlayStation.
  • Make sure you are testing Facebook Newsfeed, Right Hand Desktop and Mobile separately. Typically, Mobile has a higher CTR then the 2 other traffic sources.
  • Have “catchy” headlines, think of what attracts one of your customers and makes them want to click on it right away.
  • Try adding some text on your image that stands out.
fiximage.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fiximage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	3743

Always use Pre-landing Pages
As far as I’m concerned if you want the best return on investment (ROI) always use a prelanding page. The pages that advertisers or networks give you are usually only optimized to their own needs. I’ve ran to offers directly before and just by adding a pre-landing page I’ve increased my ROI from 150-200%!!!

Test Multiple Products
This is one of the most important things you can do. Test the same offer or type of offer from multiple networks or advertisers. Usually the offer will convert differently from company to company. As well just because one company offers you a big payout it doesn’t mean you earnings per click will be better and that is the only statistic that should matter when looking at how an offer is doing.
Facebook Ad à Multiple Landing Pages à Multiple Offers (similar or the same)

How to Choose a Winner
At this point we should have everything tracking in CPVLabs if you followed this guide and other guides step by step. Choosing a winner is quite simple in CPVLabs.
As you can see in the screenshot Ad11 has been profiting the best for me.
cpvlabs1.PNG - Click image for larger version  Name:	cpvlabs1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	3744

I will verify in Facebook that the CPC of $0.130 listed in CPVlabs is pretty much the same as the CPC in Facebook Ads.
In the next step, I will even take it a step further and see which landing page and offer is performing the best for me so I can increase that ROI of 69.59% and maybe get it over 100%.
cpvlabs3.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	cpvlabs3.png Views:	1 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	3745

In this case landing page 1 is performing the best though it’s not a positive ROI it doesn’t matter because Ad11 is performing well. As well in this case the other 2 landing pages really haven’t had a lot of clicks to them. Normally you would choose the best landing page which would be Landing Page1, but rule of thumb, you should usually have at least a few hundred clicks to a landing page before cutting it off completely.

Advanced Tips
Once you become more advanced with Facebook there are definitely some advanced methods that you can get into that will increase your profits.
Leverage the power of Audience Insights! We will not be getting too much into this but will have an advanced guide coming out soon. Basically, with this method you can super target your audience and increase performance and sales.

pic1.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	1 Size:	6.6 KB ID:	3746

Facebook Marketing Platforms
Leveraging the power of Facebook Marketing Platforms gives you a lot of control and will save you hours and days you that you spend on your ads. These systems allow you to control your Facebook Accounts and Ad from one place.
These systems even give you more capabilities then the Facebook Ad Account itself as some features are only available through Facebook’s API. I mainly use these systems when I have a winning campaign so I can scale easily.
These are expensive platforms but if you are making thousands or even hundreds a day they are well worth it as they will easily get you to the $xx,xxx that you are looking for daily.

Systems I recommend are:
  • Qwaya – Probably the system that has the best features to manage multiple ads and multiple accounts, though pricey at $149.00 they do offer a 14 day trial. http://www.qwaya.com
  • Adspresso – Cheap, efficient and does the job and they offer a free trial as well. http://adespresso.com
  • Smartly.io – These guys charge 5% for any ad spend that you incur. As well they offer a 14-day trial.
Last but not least, do your due diligence and search for information on your own. Educated yourself with Facebook Marketing as it’s an ever-changing marketing platform and it’s important to be aware of how all the nuts and bolts fit together.

I hope these guides have helped you get into advertising on Facebook and as always if you have any questions post them on the forum and we will be glad to help you!

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush