• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Facebook Advertising - Campaign and Ad Creation #3

optimizepress

Superx

Premium Member
Reaction score
facebookpacampaigncreations.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	facebookpacampaigncreations.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	3699

Ideas and Creativity

It’s all about ideas and creativity, thinking outside the box will always keep you ahead of the curb. Search google and find out what is trending. Use unique images and work harder than your competition.

Take time and research the product you are going to promote and which Facebook Audiences would be best suited to promote your products or offers.
Don’t exactly copy what others are running right now. Use it as a stepping stone to see what is working and use unique ad copies. Copying a campaign never works trust me I’ve been there and it’s a road not worth following.

Creating Images that STAND OUT

There are a bunch of services out there that provide quick Facebook ads, but in all my experience Photoshop has been the best for me or hiring a designer to create ads for me. Don’t use those services that claim to get you the best CTR because it never works out. Take the extra step, think quality.

Tips for Facebook Ad Images
  • Always test multiple designs
  • Make sure your ad doesn’t have more than 20% text.
  • Ensure your images are high resolution.
  • Show the benefit of the product.
  • Add borders around your images.
  • Stay away from blue and white.
  • Create a capturing ad title
  • Use rich and vibrant colors that stand out.
Campaigns

Here is where you set your campaign name, and the campaign objective. All the settings then are inherited by your Adsets and ads.
Example could be Flashlight Product – Clicks to website.
2.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	3700

Adverts

This is where you set all you set your daily budget, demographics, age, interests, and behaviors. You can also setup custom audience in this section as well. We will get into custom audiences in a more advanced guide.

Choose your target audience & ad spend.
3.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	3701

Target Audience
  • Age - Which age group would be best for the offer you are promoting. If you are promoting anything that may be a subscription based product, age 26+ is suggested.
  • Interests - Which interests would relate to your product? For example if i was promoting a flashlight offer, camping could be an interest that you would target.
  • Behaviors - Which behaviors of your users would relate to your product.
  • Country - Which country are you going to promote your product for? Verify which country your product is for and only promote in that country. If the product is good for multiple countries I always suggest using seperate adverts for that so you can properly track which countries are doing the best.
Choose your budget.

After you completed choosing your target audience you need to choose how much you want to spend. The ad budget you set is the maximum your allowed to spend on a daily basis. Start with a low bid like $5-$25.00 a day and gradually increase it over time. If you do a lifetime budget that is the amount that will be spent on your ad for the duration of its life. I suggest using a continuous budget it is easier to manage.
4.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	1 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	3702

Choose your Objective

You have the choice to choose your objective based on impressions or clicks. I honestly have never used the impression model as I’m always optimizing my campaigns for clicks so I choose click to website. As well conversions to website is ideal, but we will cover that in a more advanced guide.

Ad Placements

Depending on the type of ad you want to run, you could run it in 4 different places.
  • Facebook feeds (mobile and desktop)
  • Facebook right column
  • Instagram
  • Audience Network
These are called ad placements, you choose this in the “placements” section of your ad set.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	1 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	3703

I suggest using your own custom placements and not letting Facebook automatically manage this for you. I also suggest creating a separate campaign for each “placement” so that you can see what is performing the best for your product.

Ads

This is the part where you will actually submit your headline, ad text and images or videos.

Facebook ads offer various formats and ways to promote your images. There are five to choose from: Carousel, single image, single video, slideshow, or Canvas. While most of these formats are self-explanatory, Carousel and Canvas are not.

Carousel allows you to promote 10 images at once. When users view your ad they can scroll through up to 10 different images. The good thing about Carousel it allows you to tell a story through your images.

Canvas is Facebook's newest format. Canvas allows you to combine images and videos at the same time.
6.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	6.png Views:	1 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	3704

Your ad will appear on Desktop, Mobile, feature phone and Instagram audiences. It is important to follow Facebook’s guidelines. You want to ensure it looks great everywhere it appears. Below is a list of guidelines you should follow to ensure your ad displays the way you want it too.
  • Recommended image size: 1,200 x 628 pixels
  • Image ratio: 1.9:1
  • Text: 90 characters
  • Headline: 25 characters
  • Link description: 30 characters
  • Your images should cover no more than 20% of the image.
Pricing - Always enter the suggested bid, if after 24 hour you are not receiving any traffic bump it up slightly.

There are three areas on your ad. Text, Headline, and Link Description. What you use is up to you, but always preview the ad in the preview pane before submitting your ad. I always suggestion as well using a “Call to action” button which offers a number of options such as contact us, learn more, download, signup, and etc. I always find my CTR increases on my ad when I use call to action.

Review of FB Ad Structure:
7.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	3705

A few tips to think about before creating your campaign.
  • Keep genders separate.
  • Always try to promote a reasonable age group. For example, if you were promoting products to just 18 year old’s, your leads will be very low quality. Try to keep your targets ages 25+.
  • Before making any campaign changes always try to test multiple images and angles.
  • Name your campaigns with something you can easily track.
- Female 25-35 (skincare) Desktop Ads Image1
- Female 35-45 (skincare) Desktop Ads Image2
- Female 45-60 (skincare) Desktop Ads Image3

As you can see from the screenshot below I have structured my ads in such a way that it is easy to follow.
fiximage.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fiximage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	3707

Always duplicate your ads at the ads level within an ads group. As you can see above I use 1 image for each ad group and duplicate those images within the ad group. Avoid running completely different ads within an Ad Set.

That pretty much wraps up this guide, but please look out for the next which will be all about tracking and statistics.

Thanks
SuperX

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter