• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

CPV Lab Pro - track, test and optimize all your affiliate marketing campaigns

optimizepress

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
cover-youtube-cpv-lab.jpg

Hi friends,
Just wanted to create a special thread for CPV Lab, where we can post about the tracker updates.
I believe it would be useful to have all the information in one place :)

If you don't know yet, CPV Lab is an affiliate marketing tracker with great experience in tracking and optimizing campaigns.

With CPV Lab Pro you get:
- Unlimited events tracked
- Lifetime license available
- API integrations
- Cookie-less tracking
- Accurate attribution across channels
- Complete Pixel and Postback Management
- Integrated with more than 150 traffic sources and affiliate networks
- Redirect Rules
- Bot filtering and blocking
- Simple and complex funnels tracking
- Unlimited campaigns, ads, creatives, pages, etc.
- Multiuser functionality
- Notifications
- MV Lab - multivariate testing tool

If you have questions or you need a special functionality in a tracker, don't hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to have it done ;)

Here to help and learn🙏,
Julia

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got some really helpful code from Dan at @cpv lab for direct traffic from multiple sources (for eg running google/bing)

Use case
2 campaigns (or more) for example Bing and Google running traffic to the same landing page

(so CpvLab needs to know which traffic source is sending the traffic for a given visit)

On your landing page, replace the standard direct tracking code with the following

(note replace '5' with the CpvLab campaign id you want as the default, and replace '1' with the CpvLab id of your landing page)

<script type="text/javascript">

var campaignID=getQueryParameter("c");
if (campaignID == null)
campaignID = 5;

checkdirect(campaignID,1);

function getQueryParameter(ji) {
hu = window.location.search.substring(1);
gy = hu.split("&");
for (i=0;i<gy.length;i++) {
ft = gy.split("=");
if (ft[0] == ji)
return unescape(ft[1]);
}
return null;
}
</script>

Then inside Google (lets say this is campaign id 4) and bing (lets say this is campaign id 5), add the following to the final url (not the tracking suffix)

Google final url:

?c=4

Bing final url

?c=5

Hope that makes sense :)

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got some really helpful code from Dan at @cpv lab for direct traffic from multiple sources (for eg running google/bing)

Use case
2 campaigns (or more) for example Bing and Google running traffic to the same landing page

(so CpvLab needs to know which traffic source is sending the traffic for a given visit)

On your landing page, replace the standard direct tracking code with the following

(note replace '5' with the CpvLab campaign id you want as the default, and replace '1' with the CpvLab id of your landing page)

<script type="text/javascript">

var campaignID=getQueryParameter("c");
if (campaignID == null)
campaignID = 5;

checkdirect(campaignID,1);

function getQueryParameter(ji) {
hu = window.location.search.substring(1);
gy = hu.split("&");
for (i=0;i<gy.length;i++) {
ft = gy.split("=");
if (ft[0] == ji)
return unescape(ft[1]);
}
return null;
}
</script>

Then inside Google (lets say this is campaign id 4) and bing (lets say this is campaign id 5), add the following to the final url (not the tracking suffix)

Google final url:

?c=4

Bing final url

?c=5

Hope that makes sense :)
Oh wow this is new for me and could be a breakthrough! thanks for sharing! I'll definitely put it to the test.

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy that this answer was so useful... we will put it on the list to create a guide for this:)

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
hi @cpv lab I'm trying to see how to upload cost data from google ads, and found this tutorial on your online documentation:

However I do not seem to have these options to create a new template (or it I do, I can't find them LOL)

I don't seem to have the option to go:
Navigation: Reports ➡️ Ad Spend Templates

I can only find the 'update exact CPC' option under 'stats' menu, but that only has a few predefined reports (google isn't one of them).

Am I being mad?

I'm on the latest version

CHeers Stu

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Stu!

The Ad Spend Templates page is available under the Trends menu now.

We will update that in the documentation. Everything else works as described in the documentation with the page.

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Stu!

The Ad Spend Templates page is available under the Trends menu now.

We will update that in the documentation. Everything else works as described in the documentation with the page.
aha! Perfect thank you :) : )

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
@cpv lab sorry another question - if running a youtube ad, would I just use the traffic source as google search ads within CPVLab (accepting that it likely won't show keywords etc)?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
@cpv lab sorry another question - if running a youtube ad, would I just use the traffic source as google search ads within CPVLab (accepting that it likely won't show keywords etc)?
I use the "Google Ads" as the traffic source only cause it will automatically capture the GCLID. This is important for importing conversions back to Youtube.
import.jpg

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
CPV10.png

We are very happy to announce that CPV Lab Version 10 was launched!

We have worked tirelessly in the last months on this, fixed some bugs, added around 10K lines of code and made 212 commits to bring you this version. 🤓

And this is just the start! We plan to come with another update soon with more API integrations.

Here is a short list of the benefits coming with CPV Lab Version 10.0:

PHP 8.1 Support
This is a great improvement both in terms of performance, as well as security. Now CPV Lab takes advantage of the latest updates in PHP 8.1 to offer faster redirects and better overall performance.

New API section
This new section will include all the old and new API integrations that we are adding. You can now update conversions and synchronize costs for Microsoft (Bing) Ads via this new API integration.

We already have integrations with Google Ads, TikTok, CJ Affiliates, Facebook, Clickbank... we will be adding these integrations in the new page soon so you can easily manage them.
APIintegrations.png

Quick Campaign Setup page
Based on the feedback received, we have created a new campaign setup page that allows to customize only the basic features. Most of the advanced options will remain with default values and you can easily setup a new Direct Link & Landing page campaign by entering only the required details.
quickcampaign-generalsettings2.png

Proxy/VPN detection and filtering
I know this was a request from many of our users! I will not say it is perfect and that it will 100% save you from unwanted traffic... but you will be able to easily identify poor traffic coming from the traffic source, such as a lot of proxy and VPN visitors, and adjust the traffic sources in your campaigns.
1679011940818.png

New iPhone identification algorithm
This is an internal algorithm that we developed to better identify Apple devices. As you know, Apple doesn't provide any information about the exact version of iPhone and iPad devices.
It was getting frustrating to keep seeing only "iPhone" as device model when there are so many versions of it and also very difficult to optimize.
Now we have included a better identification of Apple devices which can filter down data to a specific model or a small group of models for iPhone or iPad.

iphone-identification.png

Update CPC bid for Keywords or Ad
This request was asked by some of our users. Now you can select a campaign and define specific CPC bids for keywords and ads.

Groups for Landing Pages and Offers
As Landing Pages and Offers are piling up, we needed a way to get them organized. A
Now we have dedicated groups for LPs and Offers to keep them more organized.

Colors for campaigns
We added color identification to easily spot the winning (or losing) campaigns from the campaigns list page.

Pass existing conversions to Traffic Source
There were cases when conversions were tracked in CPV Lab but were not sent to the traffic source (most often because the Traffic Source Postback URL was not configured).
In any case, now you can pass existing conversions back to the traffic source and help improve the attribution of your ads.
Just select the conversions in your Conversions List report and click the button to send them to the Traffic Source.

New custom domain page
Custom Tracking Domains are becoming even more important now with the need of first party data. So we have added a dedicated page to manage the custom tracking domains associated with your CPV Lab instance.
A check is also made to confirm if a custom tracking domain is configured correctly and has SSL support.

Bulk Actions for Landing Pages and Offers
For Landing pages and Offers we did quite a few changes in this version
  • Bulk import
  • Bulk delete
  • Bulk activation/deactivation
  • Activate/deactivate directly from the table (with a toggle) instead of editing the item

And the list continues with:
  • Ability to select multiple campaigns on Visitors and Conversions List pages
  • Logins page - see a list of all logins, failed or not
  • Updates for Click Removal page - to easily see how many clicks are removed
  • Redesigned Redirect Profiles section
  • Payout percentage in Postback URL - Pass percentage parameter in Postback URL and automatically adjust the payout by this percentage
  • Delete button for landing pages on the campaign setup
  • much more

We hope that these new added features will help you grow your businesses more and more!

>>>> Check the latest changes from CPV Lab V10 here!

Take care,
Julia

Last edited:

steve_goldberg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very exciting update! Can't wait to see the minor updates rolling out too. I think users will be very surprised and happy!

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
and I even managed to upgrade it myself :p go me LOL

cpv lab

Premium Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that, @stuart!

I believe that you now qualify as a technical expert for self-hosted trackers. :geek:

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush