• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

CPV Lab Landing Page Protection Blocks Converting Traffic on Bing/Microsoft

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I have set up mutliple tests over the last week to try and get to the bottom of some suspiscious traffic from my Microsoft search ads. I suspect more fraud is happening.

Anyway in one of my tests I decided to set up landing page protection on CPV lab which blocks all traffic that does not come through your campaign Url in the last 5 mins. I set my campaign url as the tracking template in Microsoft ads, so in theory all ad clicks should click the campaign url before arriving.

But what I discovered is that some people click the ads and don't come through my tracking template! The keyword target shows {blank} and there is no data but some of them still convert!

I have a theory. I think what is happening is someone clicked my ad say last week and maybe saved the bookmark or whatever the case they came back. Now they get blocked because they didn't use the campaign url in the last 5 mins.

It is also an argument for the fact we should all be using the direct traffic tracking codes from our 3rd party affiliate tracking platforms.

UGH. So moral of the story if you are using the landing page protection on Microsoft search ads, you should definitely examine your data and make sure you aren't losing conversions.

I have some other tests going on now and will keep you all posted on my discoveries.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush