• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Copyright and Keywords

optimizepress

netlen

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to Adwords,
Can copyrighted words be a problem when advertising on Google?

For example,
I have a title for clash of clans game.
and I entered clash of clans in my target word.

In this case, will my account be in trouble? If so, how do I know if it's copyrighted?

Thanks.

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
(I am not the expert) but for what its worth I think you are ok bidding on such keywords, but that you should avoid trademarked terms in the actual ad text

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a specific policy for it. https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6018015?hl=en#

I have had this policy affect my ads but I was not banned. The ads were disapproved. For example, the product I was selling had access to NFL streaming but Google thought I was selling pirated access to NFL and labeled it a copyright complaint.

I feel like if your product is authorized to sell Clash of Clans, and you as an affiliate are authorized to sell it you are fine.

As for bidding on competitor brands, I believe this has been happening since the dawn of Google Ads.

Another thing you need to consider is - does the offer itself allows you to bid on branded keywords. Many CPA offers especially do not allow this.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush