• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Competition, when is it too much?

optimizepress

boryanmarkulis

Expired Membership
Reaction score
I was just taking a peak through clickbank and playing around with the idea of direct linking today--currently waiting for some link issues to get resolved so I can run my maxbounty heal-n-soothe campaign. Knowing that bing is an older demographic, I focused on offers that promoted things like pain relief.

After finding a few I decided to check the competition by putting searches like "back pain relief" and "back pain relief exercises" into Bing. The results were pretty demoralizing to be honest... tons of ads. I'm assuming that the cpc in these broad markets are extremely high.

So my question is: What's the work around? Say I want to promote a back pain relief product, like a course about an excercise. Would it be feasible to make a campaign around that on bing? If so, how could I possibly rank for someone to see me? What angles/keywords would work?

And back to the question in the title: What is the level of competition that I should just avoid completely as a beginner?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just taking a peak through clickbank and playing around with the idea of direct linking today--currently waiting for some link issues to get resolved so I can run my maxbounty heal-n-soothe campaign. Knowing that bing is an older demographic, I focused on offers that promoted things like pain relief.

After finding a few I decided to check the competition by putting searches like "back pain relief" and "back pain relief exercises" into Bing. The results were pretty demoralizing to be honest... tons of ads. I'm assuming that the cpc in these broad markets are extremely high.

So my question is: What's the work around? Say I want to promote a back pain relief product, like a course about an excercise. Would it be feasible to make a campaign around that on bing? If so, how could I possibly rank for someone to see me? What angles/keywords would work?

And back to the question in the title: What is the level of competition that I should just avoid completely as a beginner?
Im going to be honest...rarely do i not run a campaign because compeition is high. Many people might be like WTF is Joey talking about...

What I mean is the ONLY way to know for sure if competition is going to be too hard, is to actually set up the campaign and see what happens.

Those competition checker tools are often wrong and sometimes they don't account for borad match search terms...good quality score, and high converting offers.

So after I actually test and run for a week or so I will examine my search terms reports and the exact KWs peipoke actually searched, and those that actually got impressions and will find new kw ideas to add to my campaign.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Also a note on direct linking - Bing only allows a domain to be linked to from one ad account. If someone is also direct linking the same offer you could have ads dissapproved. Also a note on direct linking - if that offer's domain was previously banned on Bing because someone abused it your account may be flagged, Hence the reason landing pages are recommended. I know we see some youtubers showing direct link campaigns but rarely do they ever explain that.

boryanmarkulis

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Awesome that's relieving. The part about competition that is. Thank you for the warning on direct linking. Is it even worth it to test a dl campaign? Or too risky.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome that's relieving. The part about competition that is. Thank you for the warning on direct linking. Is it even worth it to test a dl campaign? Or too risky.
Well you could ask the bing support via chat...maybe they would be able to clarify it better how they would deal with it. Maybe they will be able to tell you if the domain is ok to run.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter