• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Choosing an effective yet mysterious domain name

optimizepress

ephraim-dj

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I looked around for a few ideas about creating my own affiliate marketing brand which in the future may move into forex or investing and other methods of making money etc.

Rules in picking an effective domain name in the training are clear but what if the approach has a bit of mystery to it, but not enough to scare people off... Let's say I want to create a make money online brand such as "AnonymousE" or "AnonymousEntrepreneur".

Would you suggest trying such a 'stunt', people seeing the name will find it easy to remember and the mysterious part of the name may trigger interest to check it out. Also, viral marketing works better for strange names

Let me know what you think

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I agree it would be better for branding than trying to find the best KW that matches your asudience. 1 word brandable and catchy can definitely work well.

clearmachine

Moderator & Team Member
Reaction score
Yes one word is easier to brand etc but I really like the sound of "AnonymousEntrepreneur"

ephraim-dj

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. I'll check out a few catchy names and buy the one I like

Ian C Morales

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in the fitness industry and want to stick with what I know and love. I know it’s highly competitive but was able to target the domain: fatlossupplements.com. In order to make content, I would need keywords but they will be hard to rank for. Any suggestions as to what keywords I should focus on? Thanks

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in the fitness industry and want to stick with what I know and love. I know it’s highly competitive but was able to target the domain: fatlossupplements.com. In order to make content, I would need keywords but they will be hard to rank for. Any suggestions as to what keywords I should focus on? Thanks
That's a great domain - I would look into using a tool like SEMRush. You can do a free trial with this link https://powerhouseaffiliate.com/semrush

This is the tool me and my team use to find KWs. They have a ton of solid tutorials on doing effective KW research against competitors as well.

Ian C Morales

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. Ok Great!! I will be getting the website up and running this evening. I will use semrush to search keywords. As for posting my first blog article, should I focus on an affiliate product review on a weight loss product or offer tips and ways to lose weight using supplements? I have been following the training but want to know that first step in writing my blog. Thanks again Joey!!

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
This really depends on what your traffic plan is and how you plan to monetize your website.

In terms of SEO traffic having a good mix of both "money" posts (like reviews, and/or results oriented posts that recommend a product) and just plain informative posts is a good idea, but which comes first I don't think really matters.

If you monetize with adsense (or similar ad widgets) and affiliate offers then every post is typically a money post.

Bottom line is that all of your content needs to be well crafted since this brings many benefits including better rankings, return visitors, the trust factor, a respectable brand and conversions.

Ian C Morales

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Thanks for the immediate feedback. I am definitely planning on monetizing with posts that will recommend my top "money" affiliate offers to reach more keywords within the post. That will be the approach I take. I will forward the first blog "money" post on completion. Thanks again for your support Joey.

Ian C Morales

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Screenshot fatlossupplements.com.png
I going through bluehost and noticed this.. Not sure if the domain is supposed to look like this. I am certain I did everything right. Please confirm. Thanks.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter