• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Choosing a right Traffic Source

optimizepress
B

blrvenky18

Hi,

I have choose to promote a CPA offer of Women product niche, want to do direct linking and want to a test how it converts. Based on the Collective data, Will design the landing page.
I choose to use 50onred traffic source with text ads campaign, but problem is that it is not allowing to transfer funds from credit card as they have raised the restriction for my country.

Other then 50onred which other Traffic source similar type is to go with.

Traffic source which allow Text ads and allow to choose keywords is the method where it gives control to drive right kind of traffic and converts well.

Let me know what you guys think of it?

Thanks
Venky

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
So u need a text ad traffic source but wouldn't u have same payment isue no matter where u go?

J

jon henry

i'm not trying to discourage you from using Direct linking
but i don't think it's the best.

on the bright side it's suitable for you if you are testing your landing page
good luck

J

jeffjones

How much is your budget for the campaign? I agree with jon henry direct link cost more
if your budget is not that high, you could consider mobile.

R

rachael

have you tried looking into LeadImpact ?
it's good for mobile traffic and converts well

A

adgenius

we consider a CPA affiliate marketing , successful if it has the ability to send high quality targeted traffic to any CPA offer.
here are some traffic sources based on category

Search
  • Bing Ads = affordable at $25 or more, affiliate-friendly for PPC search and content network traffic
  • 7search =most keywords have low min. bid $0.01 (one cent) for 7 search offers search traffic.
  • Google Adwords = although not very affiliate-friendly when it comes to direct promotion. with great sites/lp + lead capture forms with sales funnels it can work.
Mobile
  • Mobclix = large mobile ad exchange for your apps that offers higher eCPMs and more ad networks.
  • Mojiva = does not only lets you launch a mobile ad campaign, it also lets you design a mobile ad, create list/s of keywords, target users
  • Buzzcity = is a global advertising network that targets consumers around the world on mobiles and devices.
  • Rhythm New Media = publishers use this network to target audience on mobile through mobile apps and websites.
Social Media
  • FB PPC ads – - although very strict on niches like dating, weight loss and gambling it could get approve easily on many other niches quickly. plus targeting is super impressive
  • Plenty of Fish – is very detailed targeting that works well in many niches especially on dating.
  • Netlog – offers a wider reach with over 97 million members
  • Linkedin Ad network is great on many niches, it can target by job function, and global location mainly and offers lead generation in business and finance.
  • You Tube offers countless methods to generate free video traffic and advertising
Banner
  • Buy Sell Ads –- for newbies on buying banner space, with specific ad spots and sites, this is the place to start. also connects webmasters to advertisers and vice versa.
  • Sitescout – is a real-time bidding platform, quite expensive at $500 min fee, but you offers so much more that just rtb. You can add banners and target big sites in several different niches.
  • Banner Garage- this is a platform for buying or selling banner space online that works similar to Buy sell ads.
  • Direct Media Buys – - buy banners on other people’s websites.
Email

you can buy solo ads then build your email list
  • Fiverr Solo Ads- find great solo ads to practice on however traffic is quite terrible but not at all bad for newbies on a small budget. –
  • Solo Ads on Forums- – sometimes you can find people selling solo ads on forums like warrior forum, but read reviews and do lots of QA test to make sure it suits your need
  • Solo Ad Directories - you can find lists of solo ad directories and reviews to get solo ads – https://soloadsx.com/
Contextual
  • Traffic Vance –is the best PPV traffic source according to many affiliates. $1000 minimum fee to join but has tons of good stuff and it's legit
  • Lead Impact – requires $100 to join, very easy to get around and approved
  • Media Traffic – - just $250 to get started
  • Clicksor – - Clicksor scans your website for keywords, finds ads that are relevant to it and then places these ads directly on your website.

B

blrvenky18

I Thank everyone for you responses.

I choose 50onred because the powerhouse affiliate has complete step by step guide how to setup the campaign, which can easy me in replicate the settings.
since 50onred not accepting credit card transaction, i have moved to infolinks to see how it works for offer.

I have read all the course material of powerhouse affiliate, few key things that i have learned,
To test an offer with direct linking by choosing a right traffic source, if that converts well then bring in the landing page and drive more traffic, with this email capture and tripwire can be implement.

Now I have CPA offer with infolinks traffic

Clicks:198, CTR:4% , conversion=0 spent 12$

Keywords: broad and Exact Match

Till What level should i go do the test?

1) How to decide is this offer is good or not?
2) How to decide the choose traffic source right for this offer?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
I Thank everyone for you responses.

I have read all the course material of powerhouse affiliate, few key things that i have learned,
To test an offer with direct linking by choosing a right traffic source, if that converts well then bring in the landing page and drive more traffic, with this email capture and tripwire can be implement.a

Till What level should i go do the test?

1) How to decide is this offer is good or not?
2) How to decide the choose traffic source right for this offer?

Hey there, this really depends on your offer. If you are testing a direct link to an offer that accepts a credit card you might find its not going to convert especially with in text ads. If you want to get into more detail about the offer and the conversion point I may be able to help in more depth.

For example if you are testing an offer that pays you $40 for a credit card submit you might have to spend a hundred or more just to know if its gonna work or not and that is risky...if you are testing a lead submit or email submit then its easier to know if the traffic will convert or not so you should therefore need to spend less....but of course your payout will be less.

Its all a numbers game and its tough to know what will work...one thing is for sure when using in text ads you need to know the demographic...its not the same as using search traffic like Bing ads...(which also uses keyword targeting). If you are just starting out with in text ads it can look enticing because it is cheaper, but search ads on places like Bing will get you better results but cost a lot more.

So, if you want to get more specific help and divulge more detail on the testing I would suggest trying a following campaign....http://powerhouseaffiliate.com/forum/forum/cpa-discussion-forums/follow-along-campaigns

B

blrvenky18

Iam trying to promote a CPA offer of perfume. one page email submit, payout is 1.60$ and has EPC 0.02

P

powerpub

Interesting...well if you have spent $12 it may be too early depending on how many KWs you are targeting. You may want to focus on only a few highly targeted KWs and also test multiple ads....as your ads may not be targeted enough, or the traffic source may be poor. Make sure you also confirm with your affiliate manager that the offer is working...and maybe ask him/her for advice on what is working now for it...

B

blrvenky18

I made one change , instead of target the country, diged to one more level. with help of google trend found which city the keyword is trending, added those cities. Hope aim moving in a right path.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good strategy...i would also suggest you confirm the offer is working...these email submits change all the time...plus they have a scrub rate on many places.

B

blrvenky18

Joey - How to check the offer is working? what is scrub rate means?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Joey - How to check the offer is working? what is scrub rate means?

Scrub means the advertiser is shaving leads....they don't pay for a certain percentage based on industry standard for email submits....not all advertisers scrub though. You can ask your affiliate manager to test it or just test it yourself. See if it converts. I wouldn't recommend doing this alot though or you will get in trouble for faking the leads. I have to admit though I often test myself one conversion rather then wait days for an affiliate manager to do it for me. I would then just let the AM know I did a test and to not pay me for it.

F

Facebookaphobia

Hi,

I have choose to promote a CPA offer of Women product niche, want to do direct linking and want to a test how it converts. Based on the Collective data, Will design the landing page.
I choose to use 50onred traffic source with text ads campaign, but problem is that it is not allowing to transfer funds from credit card as they have raised the restriction for my country.

Other then 50onred which other Traffic source similar type is to go with.

Traffic source which allow Text ads and allow to choose keywords is the method where it gives control to drive right kind of traffic and converts well.

Let me know what you guys think of it?

Thanks
Venky

do you have any update regarding your campaign
how is it going so far?

B

blrvenky18

I gave up the women product offer. Now promoting the offer from powerhouse affiliate network. email submit of Walmart gift card.
With infoinks traffic, able to get lot of click on to the direct link offer page, but no conversion.

I drill down the campaign with the collected data, able to analyze that most user are from california and mobile users. Further to this aim not able to think what else i should do to get the offer conversion.
Also could not take a decision weather offer is good or bad OR Traffic source is good or bad for this particular offer.

At the moment not able to decide what should be my next step. Need a advise and Motivation.

A

ashisapoweraffiliate

I gave up the women product offer. Now promoting the offer from powerhouse affiliate network. email submit of Walmart gift card.
With infoinks traffic, able to get lot of click on to the direct link offer page, but no conversion.

I drill down the campaign with the collected data, able to analyze that most user are from california and mobile users. Further to this aim not able to think what else i should do to get the offer conversion.
Also could not take a decision weather offer is good or bad OR Traffic source is good or bad for this particular offer.

At the moment not able to decide what should be my next step. Need a advise and Motivation.

Hi,

How are the campaigns going? What's the latest? Please do let us know and we'd like to help. Have an awesome and prosperous New Year.

Ash

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush