• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Canadian Affiliate Tax Question

optimizepress

figures

Reaction score
Hey guys, this question is aimed at Canadian affiliates. I was curious if you had to pay HST/GST on the payments you get from affiliate networks.

If anyone knows the answer and could let me know that would be great.

Thanks!

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I collect HST/GST from only Canadian based CPA networks. But this is because my company is registered for HST/GST. When I invoice the Canadian company (Maxbounty for example is in Ontario) then I invoice my commissions plus tax. That Tax I hold till I have to send it to the government. I believe the cut off is $30K till you need to start charging tax. So if you do less than 30K a year it shouldnt matter. Obviously the best person to ask is your own accountant.

figures

Reaction score
I collect HST/GST from only Canadian based CPA networks. But this is because my company is registered for HST/GST. When I invoice the Canadian company (Maxbounty for example is in Ontario) then I invoice my commissions plus tax. That Tax I hold till I have to send it to the government. I believe the cut off is $30K till you need to start charging tax. So if you do less than 30K a year it shouldnt matter. Obviously the best person to ask is your own accountant.

How do you invoice Maxbounty if they send payments automatically through PayPal or another payment method. Do you just email them an invoice after with the tax amount?

Thanks,

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to contact them and tell them you are Canadian. They would have a process.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter