• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Am I Wasting My Time With All of This?

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever started an online project to make money, put in a ton of work, and you got no results?

Then asked yourself...

Am I wasting my time? Does this ACTUALLY work?

Many people start a website, or a blog online because it seems like a great idea.

I mean tons of other people are making it work, just look at all those lambos and mansions we see on Youtube right?

The thing most of those gurus fail to tell us about content marketing is that getting real ORGANIC traffic back to your website takes months & years.

But most people quit after a few months. In fact they quit right before they could have struck gold...

It is normal to question ourselves and doubt our efforts are even worth it.

Let me try to bring a bit of reality to what it takes to make a consistent income from content marketing on the internet.

There is no easy path, but consistency and delivery of good content does work.

You have to believe this or else you will end up like most others who quit right before they may have reached the next milestone.

If you are dead set on creating a blog or website, or brand, and you have the ability to create good content in your niche - you CAN make a living from this.

But it is 100% imperative that you set milestones or goals - not just "I want to make $2000 a month"

I am talking about something concrete that you can measure....

This is absolutely the ONLY way you will stay on track and be accountable.

For example when I started the youtube channel Day job Hacks I promised not only myself, but my youtube subscribers that I was going to do 2 videos a week.

This made me accountable and it really made it easy to know what I was going to do on the project.

Simple - 2 videos a week. Just do the f@#$ing videos....

Now of course keyword research, good descriptions, thumbnails and good content is a must, but after a year of effort it finally started earning consistent money.

WTF - did he just say a year without making money?

Yep.

Content marketing isn't paid traffic. It's a long game.

If I had to compare it to investing, paid traffic is like investing in bitcoin right now, and content marketing is like investing in Google.

With bitcoin we can make a shit ton of money fast, but at the same time lose money fast. Google stock has been a steady rising stock for decades and recently snowballed.

This is what your content marketing result should look like

google.jpg

Notice for a few years it was pretty stable in the same range...but then it snowballed.

With content marketing (either a blog or videos) it takes at minimum 6 months to see any motivating results.

That's a fact. I mean sure there are some shotgun methods out there that might get you on page 1 of Google in a few days, but those methods are few and far between and they don't actually last long term.

Real organic growth only comes from branding good content. (IMO)

So if you are in a position where you are asking yourself "am I wasting my time" or "is this going to work" then you need to sit down, re-group, and come up with a game plan.

BECAUSE....

YES. It is going to work. You just need to keep chugging along.

Once you have your gameplan, the next step is to decide on how you want to deliver your content.

Will it be through articles on a blog? Or through videos on a Youtube Channel?

Or maybe a combination of both?

What is best?

Well whatever option you are certain you can continue for years...is best.

So would you be happy creating blog posts for years in your niche? or Would you be happy making videos for years? or Maybe a Podcast?

Now that you know your plan, you might also be questioning your actual niche.

This is normal too.

Competition on Google search is much higher than it was before, for most of the "mainstream" niches. (dating, diet, make money, finance etc)

For example search "how to make money" and we are in the billions of websites related to it.

This doesn't mean it's impossible to rank on page 1, but it is going to require a ton of research, effort, and amazing content if you choose a mainstream niche.

Obscure niches, new products/brands, or your own products is where I would want to be if Google SEO is your plan.

But on Youtube, I was able to bite into the make money online niche and I am now generating an easy 4 figs a month consistently from YT traffic alone. (even as a small channel)

Youtube is the #2 search engine to Google.

If the thought of making videos makes you cringe then check for ways to maybe outsource your videos or create slide presentations.

There are TONS of channels that do this and have millions of views on their videos.

If you are certain blogging is where you want to be, and you are wondering if it is worth it but not sure if you are wasting your time, then please share your experiences here in the discussion.

With all of this being said, I just wanted to open the discussion on content marketing....

Are you doing it?

Are you having good results?

What is your gameplan?

Here is a video I did on youtube recently that show my own results from 2 years of making videos in the make money online niche.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter