• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

A Microsoft Ads Mistake - My Bad....

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I mentioned I started running more ads on syndicated partners but today I just realized a potential problem in one of my campaigns...

sales.jpg

My payout on this offer is $40 CPA.

As you can see the syndicated partners is almost double in cost per acquisition. My mistake here is I didn't seperate the campaigns.

So although the syndicated partners is still profitable its almost impossible for me to dig down and optimize it because every change I make is going to f*ck up the Bing and Yahoo search ads.

So I think my only option here is to pause Syndicated partners in this cmapaign and then duplicate the campaign and target only syndicated in the new one.

Moral of the story?

Well there's 2.

- Seperate your search campaigns based on country, devices and networks.

- No matter how much experience we have, we all will continue to make mistakes. :)

abdulla

Reaction score
I never knew that it makes a difference to separate the syndicated search partners into a separate campaign. I think I will start to do that.

dthoang

Expired Membership
Reaction score
Thanks for the share, Joey! Great tip! I'll keep this in mind.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE - after putting search partners into a new campaign and optimizing it only for search partners I was able to improve the performance and not affect my original "Bing Only" ads.

As you can see now the CPA for search partners has improved drastically.

update.jpg

shigeki

Expired Membership
Reaction score
@joeybabbs

Do search partners have a lot of bot traffic? I started a lead gen campaign this week. What I noticed is a specific domain sends a lot of traffic to my landing page, but it doesn't convert at all. I've blacklisted like 5 websites on the campaign level so far. I use CPVLab to see domains.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes there are some placements with very poor quality traffic. I assume bots...you definitely have to optimize it similar to how we optimize native ad widgets. Watch it daily. I have about 100 placements I saved so when i make new campaigns they are automatically in there.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter