• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

$5000 for Coaching?

optimizepress

dthoang

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an interesting question for you all. I posted it in the Facebook group and didn't get much response, so I was hoping to get a more compelling response here in the forum. I'm curious, have any of you ever paid $5000 or more for coaching (or any significant amount, for that matter)? Why or why not? Was it worth it? :)

zoe

Premium Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the coach. If a coach has a strong personal brand, many people can easily pay $5k or even $10k.

There are coaches who charge tons of money for even a conference, can imagine their one-on-one fee.

P.S. Even in a local community around me, there are some SEO & Blogging trainers who are charging a few thousand dollars and people are happily paying them (because the trainer has good reputation and a strong brand)

dthoang

Reaction score
Well, it depends on the coach. If a coach has a strong personal brand, many people can easily pay $5k or even $10k.

There are coaches who charge tons of money for even a conference, can imagine their one-on-one fee.

P.S. Even in a local community around me, there are some SEO & Blogging trainers who are charging a few thousand dollars and people are happily paying them (because the trainer has good reputation and a strong brand)

Good point. Have you personally ever paid $5000 or more for coaching?

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an interesting question for you all. I posted it in the Facebook group and didn't get much response, so I was hoping to get a more compelling response here in the forum. I'm curious, have any of you ever paid $5000 or more for coaching (or any significant amount, for that matter)? Why or why not? Was it worth it?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great question because there are a ton of people selling coaching at these levels and people buy it.

I was thinking I would start offering direct 1 on 1 coaching.

A $5000 pricetag is not something I would be comfortable charging someone because I would feel obligated to commit multiple hours and days...and this would feel like a "job"...

But $150 and hour seems reasonable. So a 1 hour consultation for $150.

I don't think I would pay someone $5000 for coaching unless they already proved themselves in a shorter less expensive consultation. No matter what level of coaching we are talking about.

dthoang

Reaction score
This is a great question because there are a ton of people selling coaching at these levels and people buy it.

I was thinking I would start offering direct 1 on 1 coaching.

A $5000 pricetag is not something I would be comfortable charging someone because I would feel obligated to commit multiple hours and days...and this would feel like a "job"...

But $150 and hour seems reasonable. So a 1 hour consultation for $150.

I don't think I would pay someone $5000 for coaching unless they already proved themselves in a shorter less expensive consultation. No matter what level of coaching we are talking about.

Ahh, very interesting. I'm surprised you haven't already offered coaching services of some sort.

So, you've never paid for mentorship or coaching before? How did you learn all this stuff? lol.

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh, very interesting. I'm surprised you haven't already offered coaching services of some sort.

So, you've never paid for mentorship or coaching before? How did you learn all this stuff? lol.
I first heard about affiliate marketing from a guy I played poker with....he was making alot of money back in early 2000's....like 3-5k a day profit back then. Back then there were many loopholes...and he taught me the loopholes.. Since then the industry has changed drastically and in order to stay in the industry I had to adapt. I don't talk to him anymore but last I saw he was hired as a media buyer for another company.

I never paid for coaching but he was a friend at the time...so I got lucky.

I would just bring a case of beer over we would drink and I would ask him EVERYTHING!

dthoang

Reaction score
I first heard about affiliate marketing from a guy I played poker with....he was making alot of money back in early 2000's....like 3-5k a day profit back then. Back then there were many loopholes...and he taught me the loopholes.. Since then the industry has changed drastically and in order to stay in the industry I had to adapt. I don't talk to him anymore but last I saw he was hired as a media buyer for another company.

I never paid for coaching but he was a friend at the time...so I got lucky.

I would just bring a case of beer over we would drink and I would ask him EVERYTHING!

That's amazing! I think it's really cool that you had a friend local to you that you were able to learn from. Although you never paid for coaching, were there any instrumental courses that you paid for? Also, were you ever part of any of the popular paid forums like STM, MADSociety, or Afflplaybook?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
I was a member of Affplaybook and STM. Both great communities...I think Affplaybook made a change to be more about training and less about forum. I also started in Blackhat so was part of the BlackHatWorld community. I wasted many years trying flimsy methods...that never scaled into anything. It wasnt until I started buying ads online that my life changed.

dthoang

Reaction score
I was a member of Affplaybook and STM. Both great communities...I think Affplaybook made a change to be more about training and less about forum. I also started in Blackhat so was part of the BlackHatWorld community. I wasted many years trying flimsy methods...that never scaled into anything. It wasnt until I started buying ads online that my life changed.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I feel like a lot of people are originally sucked into the Blackhat/Greyhat methods. What year did you make your first $100k online, and what was the primary traffic source for you?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Makes sense. I feel like a lot of people are originally sucked into the Blackhat/Greyhat methods. What year did you make your first $100k online, and what was the primary traffic source for you?
First year over $100K profit was Facebook and nutra around 2014.

dthoang

Reaction score
First year over $100K profit was Facebook and nutra around 2014.

Nice! That's great to see all the progress you've made since then! Have you ever considered doing an income report video or video series on your YouTube channel?

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi what do you mean by that? Like the guys who show how much they make each month?

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush