• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our free membership. You can upgrade to premium anytime to access more Premium training, case studies, & marketing resources.
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

392 Visits Only 9 Clicks...

optimizepress

abdulla

Reaction score
I have recently started a Microsoft ads campaign for an auto insurance CPA offer but I had to pause the campaign because it was not profitable and my landing page CTR was horrible.

I was targeting keywords like "auto insurance quotes" and I split tested 2 different landing pages with an email opt-in.

I would highly appreciate it if someone could help me fix this campaign because I was struggling to get a profitable campaign going on Microsoft ads for a while.

Please let me know if you need screenshots of my campaign or any other information.

eric kendall

Reaction score
I had the same problem with a rent to own lead gen offer last year. So is your lander CTR 2%?

zoe

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What was your CTR and average CPC? Bing ads need to be pampered more often so need more info before I help you with my opinion.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to assist it would be hepful to know the ads, lander and offer style.

Is it a lead offer paying roughly 7-10 per lead?

Also try the partners network as it can provide good traffic as well after optimizing it a bit.

abdulla

Reaction score
My landing page CTR was 2.28%.

My AD CTR was 1.21% and my average CPC was around $0.40.

The first ad I split tested had the headline "U.S. Drivers get huge auto insurance reduction" and the second ad I split tested had the headline "Save big on car insurance, apply for a free quote".

The first landing page I split tested was a native ad style article and the second landing page I split tested was an opt-in page.

The offer was paying $10 a lead and I did test a campaign for search partners and I was getting the same results.

Thanks for the help guys.

eric kendall

Reaction score
That's an extremely low lander CTR. I like to see 20 - 30 percent, but I'm no expert. I've just started another FB ad campaign promoting a weight loss supplement from Maxweb. This lander is getting over 35% CTR, which I'm pretty happy with.
Care to share your lander and ad?

Attachments

• lander ctr.png
    lander ctr.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 86

abdulla

Reaction score
That's an extremely low lander CTR. I like to see 20 - 30 percent, but I'm no expert. I've just started another FB ad campaign promoting a weight loss supplement from Maxweb. This lander is getting over 35% CTR, which I'm pretty happy with.
Care to share your lander and ad?
These are my landers
Free Auto Insurance Quote Article V2 – Viral Complete
Free Auto Insurance Quote Opt In – Viral Complete

These are my ads
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.02.23 AM.png

Please let me know if you have any sugestions.

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
Asking for a name and email right off the bat is likely the issue. The headlines on the landing pages could use some work too.

Are You Over Paying for Auto Insurance? Check Now With a Fast & Easy Quote.
or
Drivers in {State} are Saving Thousands! Check in 30 Seconds of You Qualify for Lower Rates.

or something like that...

Also the grammar is a bit off on your ads.

As for the funnel - in auto people usually drop off when they have to enter personal info - and you are asking them to do this on first contact.

Maybe try a quick survey or advertorial style page.

abdulla

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have made better headlines for my landing pages and ads. I also removed the email opt-in but still my landing page CTR is not good it's only %12 but it still is better than it was before which is 2.28%.

My campain also still is not profitable either. I am thinking of quiting running this offer on microfoft ads and run a campain for this offer on a differnt adverising platform.

Does anyone know of an advertising platform you had good success with promoting insirance offers?

eric kendall

Reaction score
I think it would be wise for you to do some work on your ad copy before running again on any platform. You mention a "step 2", but I couldn't see step 1.
If you lack the skills in this area, you can always go to Fiverr to have someone edit or re write it.
Have you considered FB ads? I know of 2 guys who are doing well with car insurance on FB. You can also do some spying on other affiliates to see what's working.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

pdlprofit

Twitter