• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Social Media Account - New or use existing with new "page"

optimizepress

hbmedia

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Should I make a completely new Facebook/Insta/Twitter/Pinterest for the Affilate biz and create pages underneath the LLC name?

I don't think I want to do the new LLC under my existing personal facebook account that has my old photography company and others underneath as business pages.

What do you do if you have a similar situation?

Craig_Optimizer

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does your existing Facebook account have a business suite setup? If not then you could just add the new business as a separate account within your existing FB. It should allow for multiple accounts. As for Twitter/ [interest yes i would do new separate accounts

hbmedia

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that since it's asking me about upgrading my presence to professional mode I'm assuming I don't have the business suite setup on my personal account. I do have a business page though for my photography biz.

FB1-Screenshot 2024-03-07 142256.jpg

FB2-Screenshot 2024-03-07 142348.png

hbmedia

Premium Member
Reaction score
I do, under my photography company and my Dad's book page. Both attached to my personal FB account. I suppose it will be easier to simply create new FB business pages as I go along in the site building process. I definitely want to create one for my authority sites. I need to change (completely) the photography page. I've redone that site to be an amazon / clickbank retail site.

Attachments

• FBBizScreenshot 2024-03-14 025406.jpg
    FBBizScreenshot 2024-03-14 025406.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
I do, under my photography company and my Dad's book page. Both attached to my personal FB account. I suppose it will be easier to simply create new FB business pages as I go along in the site building process. I definitely want to create one for my authority sites. I need to change (completely) the photography page. I've redone that site to be an amazon / clickbank retail site.
I would tread carefully here if Facebook is valuable to your Photgraphy company. I would try not to use the same business. If you mess up on the affiliate side of things you could lose the entire Business account. It might be better to create a new business profile for your affiliate business and not mix it with your photography business.

Whatever you do - DO NOT DIRECT LINK to affiliate offers, and DO NOT use tracking link redirects in your ads. This typically results in an instant Facebook Ads ban.

hbmedia

Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I'm following you correctly:

1. My personal and only facebook account for me. Bill Murray - Under this we have:
a. The photography company is my old brick and mortar wedding and portrait photo business. I have closed that S Corp this year, and I turned the website into a retail site that sells cameras and the like via Amazon and all that jazz. https://photosbybillmurray.com I'm going to retool that facebook business page to reflect a change in direction for that business / website

It might be better to create a new business profile for your affiliate business and not mix it with your photography business.

Are you saying above that it might be better for me to create a new facebook base account to hang a new business profile underneath rather than creating a new business profile underneath my existing personal and only facebook account?

For instance. Humpback Media LLC is the base company that all the new CPA websites / niches are falling under. So, all the sites will have Humpback Media LLC down in the copyright footers and will be listed as web properties I own and operate on the Humpback Media website.

Taken literally, I "heard" create a whole new account and hang the new Affiliate niches underneath.

Whatever you do - DO NOT DIRECT LINK to affiliate offers, and DO NOT use tracking link redirects in your ads. This typically results in an instant Facebook Ads ban.

I was literally watching a video about this last night. The person showed grabbing a clickbank link and creating an ad direct to the clickbank link. What's the proper method to do this or please point me at docs that address it on your site?

Thanks for taking the time Joey.

hbmedia

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I not just create a NEW business page without creating a new base personal account and not jeopardize other pages with the activities of one? Or does one mis-step whack all the business pages that a single entity has?

1710421116501.png

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I not just create a NEW business page
Yes you can create a new page in the same business if that's what you mean - but it is still the same business account.

What I was referring to was creating a new business account. So Business 1 account would be Photography and Business 2 is Humpback Media LLC

You can see they allow 2 business portfolios.

"
Before you begin
You must have a personal Facebook account. You'll use it to log into Meta Business Suite or Business Manager, where you can create your business portfolio.
You are allowed to create up to 2 business portfolios.
Create a business portfolio
To create a business portfolio:

Go to business.facebook.com in a desktop browser. You will also use this address to log into Meta Business Suite or Business Manager.
If you already have access to Meta Business Suite and Business Manager, you can also click the dropdown menu located at the top of the sidebar. Then skip to Step 4.

Click Create an account.
Log into your personal Facebook account. If you don’t have an account, click Create account to sign up for one.
Click Create an account.
Enter your business details.
Business portfolio name. It should match the public name of your business or organization, since it will be visible across Meta. It can't contain special characters.
Your name.
Business email. Meta will use this email to contact you about your business. It won't be visible to your customers.
Click Submit or Create to create your portfolio. You’ll get an email asking to confirm your business email address.
Once you’ve created your business portfolio, you can add business assets, such as Pages, ad accounts, datasets and Instagram accounts.

Add a Page to your business portfolio
Add ad accounts to your business portfolio
Add an Instagram account to your business portfolio
Set up a Meta Pixel with a business portfolio
Add apps to your business portfolio
You can also invite people to join your business portfolio and assign them assets to work on.

Add people to a business portfolio and assign a business asset
If you work with an agency or consultant, you can add a partner to your business portfolio in order to give or request access to business assets.

Add partners to your business portfolio
Learn more
About business portfolio access
Best practices for making a business portfolio more secure in Business Manager"

joeybabbs

Staff member
Reaction score
was literally watching a video about this last night. The person showed grabbing a clickbank link and creating an ad direct to the clickbank link. What's the proper method to do this or please point me at docs that address it on your site?

Whoever made that video suggesting you link your ads to Clickbank affiliate links is WRONG. (n)

That would result in a ban 90% of the time.

Facebook immediately flags redirects and affiliate links often as spam or as a circumventing type of ban where they think you are cloaking.

The proper way to run Facebook ads is to link directly to your landing pages on your own verified domain. Do not redirect from Facebook to your landing page.

You put affiliate links on your own landing page usually using a tracker of some sort like CPV Lab.

Unless you are an agency and running ads for other companies where they share the domain access with you and that's a whole different ball game.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush